My story new here [updates]

Wow, what an amazing woman. Maybe take a few pointers from her and try to rise above like she did. :)

• Like 7
the_artist_1970

That BS has a lot of dignity. I would suggest that you not allow this one man to make you feel bad about yourself. So, you made a mistake but every day brings a new opportunity to be a better person. Start today by making a commitment to yourself to not involve yourself in things that you know will destroy other ppl.

• Like 3
  • Author
veruca salt

Thank you

You both are right, wish I could get past this need to get over it for my well being, and I don't intend to ever hurt anyone this bad again wish I could take it back and not ever have been so weak and let it happen in first place

To the OP: one thing that I cannot get over is how people are capable of lying like rugs and wearing a "mask" just to get what they want. And then you find out that you really didn't know them at all. Look, before my A, I had been with a man for three years. Was totally happy. He dumped me on a car ride home. Just like that! Told me that he hadn't been happy with me for a long time. That we really didn't have anything in common.The thing is, I never knew any of this. If he was unhappy, he really hid it well. I know that he was lying about something, but I will never know what about.

People. Lie. That's all you need to know about human nature. At least this MM showed you his true colors pretty soon, and didn't string you along for years and years. I feel sorry for everyone involved, except for this MM. (!)

Chasing_mya

Veruca, you have such low self esteem and it hurts reading that last part of your post 'definitely has a type and I'm not it nor am I any man's type sigh, sad but true'. You really did dodge a bullet and glad that you are not involved with him anymore although something tells me if given the opportunity you'd take him back. You were a bandaid to his failing marriage and due to his lack of communication he used you to fill whatever void he felt was missing. If he hasn't resolved his 'issues' be assured that he will only cheat with the new woman he has now. What he has going on is internal and has nothing to do with you, your weight or appearance.

You need to build up your confidence, do things you enjoy and love to make you feel better and to raise your esteem. If possible join the gym or take some classes that will occupy your time and enhance you as a person. He doesn't define you, never has and never will. He was a lesson learned and because of this you now know what type of man to avoid. Start loving you Veruca, because you are an awesome person and he never deserved you.

Keep your head up sweety and start doing you. Get up, dress up, and build up that confidence.

Edited by Chasing_mya
  • Like 1

Veruca, I know you are in a lot of pain but you're taking it out on the wrong person. I really think you need to stop calling the BS (and xMM for that matter) to unload all of your feelings about the affair, etc. It's not right and isn't fair to her to continually drag her back into it when she is moving on, especially considering the role you played and it doesn't seem to help you feel better about the situation. And definitely don't reach out to xMM - block him!!!! Delete his number, email, any contact you have with him. He has shown you who he is and how he feels about you, don't give him more of you than you already have. I'm not sure if you're in counseling, but if not, you should look into it or just come here when you have the urge to contact one of them and write out your feelings instead of reopening wounds.

Edited by sweet_pea