What can I do to get guys to approach me?

VanessaVanessa

Fluttering eyelash, eye contact a few times, play with hair, drop something, open body language, asking for a light ( if smoke ). Throw anything out there. If in a coffee shop sitting alone, push the opposite empty chair out with your foot just too make it easy for a guy to set down. Out with a bunch of friends, break from the pack so an approach is easier.

Guys can be a tad obtuse, took me til mid thirties to notice girls blathering in circles about nothing with perhaps some nervous laughs is cause found me attractive. Thought walking into walls and acting stupid was a guy thing.

You could smile and say hello.

I HATE this kind of advice, as if women are stupid and dont know how to look friendly.

P.S smiling doesnt work. If a man is afraid, hes afraid, smileys or not. They only show a woman is interested, they do nothing else including making kt easier for men to approach. If anything a smile will scare them away because she shows her beauty in her smile. Men are afraid of beauty too, apparently.

I HATE this kind of advice, as if women are stupid and dont know how to look friendly.

P.S smiling doesnt work. If a man is afraid, hes afraid, smileys or not. They only show a woman is interested, they do nothing else including making kt easier for men to approach. If anything a smile will scare them away because she shows her beauty in her smile. Men are afraid of beauty too, apparently.

Since you hate the advice to smile & say hello, what do you suggest the OP do to attract more men?

• Author
VanessaVanessa
Vanessa, what are you looking for specifically? You want random men to approach you, or someone in particular? Be careful what you ask for. ;)

Vanessa, women approach men as often as men approach women where i come from.

I am curious as well, is there a particular bloke who lights up your eyes?

Maybe your his sun lit dream? A big flashing smile usually goes down well.

Some good advice here i think.... from most posters.

GL.

Thanks for your reply

No there is not currently a particular guy I want to approach me, at a time there was but nothing happened with it. So yeah it's just in general that I was wondering about. You're right there's some good posts here.

Thanks again.

• Author
VanessaVanessa
Hey, it's not black and white. There's all kinds of people comfortable with different degrees of approaching and being approached. Yes, traditionally, it's been more the man's job to approach. If you spend any time on this board seeing who's more frustrated about needing to get laid, I think you can understand how this all came about, starting in caveman days. That said, I have done a lot of the footwork to meet who I wanted to meet and wouldn't have had much of a social life if I didn't because I'm not the big boobed blond in the room. That doesn't mean I went up and propositioned, though I have done that as well. It means I invested some time in finding common ground and legit reasons to talk to someone. That's what I'm comfortable with.

As far as smiling goes, my one regret is I didn't do more of it. I was a dark, serious, bitch-faced gothy rocker for a lot of my youth and only smiled when I was genuinely amused, and I see now that that was a foolish mistake. I was very intimidating.

OP says easier said than done -- not if you think of it the way I now do:

Don't smile only at the one guy you're interested in. That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying if you're in a club or wherever you are, smile frequently and look up at everyone around you, men and women and just look friendly and you will be amazed how many people will just go ahead and be friendly back. It will give whatever guy you have your eyes on courage to come up if he's so inclined, even though at this point you haven't even smiled at him. I bet at the very least, he'll do a fly-by and see if he can catch one of those killer smiles.

I know another way to get random guys to come up. Now, to me, this isn't advisable unless you're working a VERY good room free of necrophiliacs waiting for a woman to fall down drunk so they can drag her out. But a friend of mine did the field research right in front of me to prove it can work.

We were at a music club at a long table with a hair band that was at the top of the charts. They were all very wasted. Closing time one of them starts yelling "PARTY" somewhere and me but my friends noticed that they weren't going around chatting girls up to get them to go to it. It was just a conversation, you know, me saying, Well, they usually have girls all over them, so maybe they're not used to actually having to ask, you know, just a conversation. My friend says, "Watch, I'll show you how to get guys to come up to you." She grabs her other friend by both hands and starts bouncing up and down in a circle laughing like eight-year-olds on the playground. And sure enough, two of the band guys reappeared from the back door and approached them, as well as every other dude in there was thinking about it. (They didn't go to the party, though. I think the manager nixed the party.) She was demonstrating how many guys were attracted by what appeared to be bouncing drunk laughing bimbos. It was most of them at that venue, which is kind of pathetic. But the lesson to be learned is you really can't get too laughy or animated or bouncy for most guys. They see it like a cheetah sees a lame antelope, like an open door, a riskfree proposition. But don't use it indiscriminantly. This is one superpower you should use only as a last resort and probably only if you're not looking for the man you want to marry.

funny story, don't hope to use that tactic anytime soon though