My venting thread. I need this.

I am so happy for you blackbird! I'm doing a little happy dance over here!!! You have to check in every so often and let us know how it goes.

Still crickets on this end. But we knew that was going to happen.

• Like 2
I'm still here friends! Things are going fantastic so far. We're back full-steam but so much better. Our communication is better and everything seems back to normal. Of course my guard is still up and will be, but it's starting to come down. I hope things are getting better for you all.

Beautiful news, man.

Nothing new to report over here but I've made my decision to be a better man, get out of my comfort zone and start dating again.

• Like 1

Don't let this relationship become your entire identity. Usually if someone leaves once they leave again so make sure it's not the end of the world next time it happens.

• Like 2

Well son of a gun. Now I need to start to start a coping thread about losing Blackbirdsong.

This is a DOUBLE whammy. I don't know how much more I can take!

Jk. Congrats man!

• Like 2
  • Author
BlackbirdSong
Well son of a gun. Now I need to start to start a coping thread about losing Blackbirdsong.

This is a DOUBLE whammy. I don't know how much more I can take!

Jk. Congrats man!

Lol. I'm here!!!

And I've been sad so long that I finally have a private box. Y'all can message me anytime.

• Like 1
Lol. I'm here!!!

And I've been sad so long that I finally have a private box. Y'all can message me anytime.

I got one too. I don't know if its a good thing or not. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author
BlackbirdSong
Bumping this thread.

Thanks Throldur! How are all my friends doing? I hope things are finding you all well in your journeys.

Post-reconciliation, everything with my girl and I is still going well. Nothing really new to report, so I guess that's good.

Here's some solid advice: dive deep into hobbies that you really enjoy and make sure you continue them regardless if you're in a relationship or not. That's where your true happiness will be found and your character will be forged.

Update me on how you're all doing.

• Like 1
Every time I think I'm starting to feel better....i fall apart.

I think I'm starting to accept that you're never coming back. You're finished with me. You don't see a future with me. The timing was wrong. I go to the gym we used to workout at, everyday, hoping that I'll see you there, but then I remember when you told me that you wouldn't go there anymore. You're at your other fancy gym.

Every time I hear a car pull up to my apartment, I pray that it's you....but it never is. I want to hear you knock on my door or when I walk up the stairs, see you there waiting to see me. To tell me that you made a mistake and want to try again.

I don't want to do this without you. I don't want to live without you.

I have 4 great fears regarding you:

1) You'll never come back

2) You'll contact me eventually but won't want us anymore

3) You'll get married and have children without me

4) I'll forget the love I have for you

My heart is breaking, as I have been in your shoes, and possibly still am....A moto that I try to live by is that everything happens for a reason....although, I believe this, I know, It doesn't stop the pain.

First let me say, you will never forget the love you had for her. You will always have it. It may diminish a bit, but it will still be there, tucked away deep in your heart. That place is her place, and it's okay. She has probably taught you so much, on so many different levels. You will continue to grow stronger, and that place that is tucked away will still be there for her, but it won't be a sad place, you will eventually thank her for that place that you have created for her, for that place will teach you so many new things. The hurt will subside, I am sure...and you will carry on about your business...maybe you'll be together, maybe not, but I am sure there is so much more for you, a grander plan.

Keep writing, it helps me tremendously. Good luck to you.

• Like 2

Hi blackbird!!!!! I've missed you a ton!

I assumed you were doing well as no news is good news.

Life is moving on and I am approaching 6 months NC. I still miss him but I am commited to not having him in my life with his brokenness. I am shocked that he hasn't reached out to me. Working on letting go and moving on. Some days I take big steps and other days I fall back.

Keep us updated friend!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Thanks Throldur! How are all my friends doing? I hope things are finding you all well in your journeys.

Post-reconciliation, everything with my girl and I is still going well. Nothing really new to report, so I guess that's good.

Here's some solid advice: dive deep into hobbies that you really enjoy and make sure you continue them regardless if you're in a relationship or not. That's where your true happiness will be found and your character will be forged.

Update me on how you're all doing.

Nothing new to report on my end..

Had a date, didn't really like the girl.. not enough to pursue it. Almost got to hang out with a girl from back in school but she flaked..

Haven't heard from my ex.. she's still living in Ontario with the other guy, as far as I know, last I heard, it wasn't going well. Haven't been looking to know anything else.

I've hit a snag though.. gone back to crying, dreaming about her.. I just don't think I have it in me to attract a girl of that quality again. Knowing where I messed up along the way now just kills me more because I wouldn't make the same mistakes again, though, it doesn't help.