How to make the most out of an affair?

flightattendant

Don't do it. Don't do it! This will not end well. But if you feel you must.... At least get with a single man instead of hurting another family on top of yours for such selfish needs. I hope you read stories on here and other infidelity websites and see exactly what you are signing up for.

• Like 1

Anyone here who would seek to give anyone advice as to "How to make the most out of an affair", whether it be for revenge or otherwise, has, at the very least, questionable character.

No decent person is going to counsel you how to have a successful affair.

And revenge cheating just makes you a cheater.

Should have kept your integrity intact and filed for divorce.

• Like 1
If your in a bad marriage and your husband is a serial cheater would it not be better to keep your self respect rather than lowering yourself to his level? Why don't you just divorce him?

Exactly, I've dumped a couple of women I found out cheated on their past bfs and wasn't at all swayed by the fact they said it was "only" for revenge.

It is very easy to talk about how "low" someone supposedly is without walking a mile in their shoes...

I have "lowered" myself this way because of the simple issue of not.getting.laid.for.years. Anyone who has been YEARS without sex, not feeling appreciated and desired? If you have, will probably know how it feels.

Yes, I do know how it feels.

It is very easy to talk about how "low" someone supposedly is without walking a mile in their shoes...

I have "lowered" myself this way because of the simple issue of not.getting.laid.for.years. Anyone who has been YEARS without sex, not feeling appreciated and desired? If you have, will probably know how it feels. I did it because it was driving me crazy and heaven knows I have tried to keep my "self-worth" as others put it for as long as I could handle. I am human and the lack of sex was dragging me into a depression crisis due to lack of self-esteem.

I actually have seen evidence of my husband's flings with several women for the best part of the last decade. It hurt like someone was stabbing me on my chest. Everytime, it never got better. We talked about it, argued lots, I threatened to leave, he invented a million excuses then apologized profusely and promised everything would get better. It never did, in that respect. I don't believe he has stoppped his online and offline flings, he just learned to hide them better. I kept investing in a sexless marriage out of love and, I guess, faith that the situation would change. He tries, just not hard enough.

Now, it seems that we might find a way to improve things (had a big talk about changes in work, everyday routine and etc that might actually be beneficial). But I have yet to see whether that will work, or not. I am willing to try and end my A or any A opportunity that might come up in future if I can make things work with my husband - but at the moment, I still have to see evidence that he will start trying as hard as I have tried. He needs to start giving for once - there are some specific things he needs to do to convince me things will improve. But I am taking it all with a very large pinch of salt.

Meanwhile, I have a chance to feel alive again, to reconnect with a part of me that was long lost. I want to be able to recover my self esteem and at this very moment, this A is my best instrument.

There is absolutely NO WAY I see myself in a long-term relationship with this guy, ie getting married, being the official gf and the like - we belong to totally different worlds. To me this is just about sex and flattery. That is all. I am looking for advice on how to get the most out of it ie. controlling myself, presenting an image of someone who IS in control, both emotionally and practically speaking while also enjoying the moment, however long it lasts. Should I openly say these things to him, for example? I don't know.

Why not divorce so you can be free to do what you wish without involving betrayal?

KingwoodMan

You're all horrible people. Hubby, you, and the POS cheating on his wife with you. People like you are why my business is doing so great. It never fails to amaze me how many people destroy lives over penises and vaginas.