Just broke up with my GF and she's GONE INSANE!

I doubt they'll do anything unless she's threatening, but if she doesn't stop anytime soon, they might. Anyway, what's done is done.

I get that both men and women sometimes try to skip out on the ugly confrontational breaking up part. And ladies, don't act like you never just became unreachable to avoid talking to a guy who was still after you.

He didn't just stop contacting her. He told her goodbye and why. Could it have been handled more smoothly by talking about problems before they came to a head? Of course. But the thing is, it wouldn't have gone any better if he had done it to her face. Because she's gone off the rails. She's have gone off the rails no matter how he did it.

He's put her on notice, and she's not respecting that. You should never reward bad behavior like hers, so it's really bad advice to have him cave in and go see her. It would only prolong this. If it works once, she would just keep doing it. He's told her why and everything. She needs to have a good cry and then quit harassing him. You can't expect a guy who's breaking up with you to want to comfort you in the aftermath!!

You are not obligated to stay with somebody you are not into but you should have at least told her in person. That being said she needs to accept this breakup and stop contacting you. It will get her nowhere at this point.

• Like 3
it's been almost 2 days and she's still texting and calling me. She's called me OVER 10 TIMES and texted me nearly DOUBLE that. I stopped responding to her texts last morning.

I've contacted the police and i'm going to talk to them about filing harassment charges. I'm through dealing with her, let the cops handle it.

This is insane, nobody should have to live with this and I'm not going to be a victim.

lol, welp. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm sorry for both of you. I hope you find compassion and I hope she finds peace.

• Like 1
Rejected Rosebud
I actually don't understand why she's pestering him. If he's so awful as to break up with her via text she needs to be saying good riddance & ad mouthing him all over the place, not chasing after him.
Well she sounds like an unstable girl but that doesn't have anything to do with how creepy it was to break up with a "quick text" especially mentioning how boring it was after 5 months!! Sheesh!
Frank2thepoint
I've contacted the police and i'm going to talk to them about filing harassment charges. I'm through dealing with her, let the cops handle it.

The cops will pepperspray you for wasting their time. Your township/county may even sue you for wasting public resources because you lack a pair of balls to talk face-to-face.

• Like 4

I too think at this point she should consider you dead and protect her pride. Why chase someone who has told you they don't want you. Just move on.

• Like 2
So we'd been going out for about 5 months until yesterday. Everything was okay for the first 3 months but the last 2 months were just boring. I just wasn't feeling it anymore and I’m guessing she felt the same, she just didn't try. It's both of ours first relationship.

So I shot her a quick break up text. "Hey, sorry this isn't working out. We should see other people. It's getting boring. Best wishes and have a good life." Really simple, nothing complicated because I didn’t want to drag things out.

She texted back 10 minutes later and said "Ok, no problem! :)" and I thought that was the end of it. She seemed perfectly fine with it.

But now she's losing her damn mind. I already told her in the text I didn’t want to hear from her again but now she’s violating that request.

Texts and calls all day long. At work, my house, she's gone psycho. I'm not responding to any of them because what's done is done and I don't to go over it again, it's a hassle. She lied to me by telling me she was fine and now she’s pulling this move. It’s so surprising because she was NEVER like this when we were dating.

But it's freaking me out, I’m terrified of what she’ll do next. What’s my next move?

Holy shiz! You gotta be hahahaha like what 16 years old? OMG. I am not laughing at you. I am marveling at you. Boys. One girl is gonna get you good though so throw this girl a bone and be kind.

It's no "move". It is lack of mature communication skills. I did the same thing when I was 15. I gotta a "this it isn't working out" phone call to which I said "ok". Hung up and ran up stairs and sobbed for 15 minutes. The same boy was eating out of my hand for the next 3 years when I immediately picked up with another. But he did break my heart in the end. That cry lasted 10 years.

Best wishes and have a good life. :sick:

:lmao:

• Like 1
it's been almost 2 days and she's still texting and calling me. She's called me OVER 10 TIMES and texted me nearly DOUBLE that. I stopped responding to her texts last morning.

This is insane, nobody should have to live with this and I'm not going to be a victim.

Do you have some of her stuff or keys to her home that she needs to get back?

• Like 1

Dude. I would be reacting the same way to a text message break up. And calling the police because you are not man enough to deal with your issues is laughable. I hope the cops laugh in in your face. GROW A PAIR. You sound like a coward who hides when things get rough. USE YOUR WORDS AND TALK TO HER. JESUS. You have no business dating anyone at this point. You're the crazy one, not her.

• Like 2
I'm not afraid of it. It's just much easier to do it by text.

I don't want to deal with a whole scene of drama and God knows what else. I'm over her, have been for months.

She needs to move on already. It's irritating and harassing my personal space.

What's wrong with that? She said she wanted the reason so I told her the reason. I wasn't going to be a liar like her and make something up, I was 100% straight up with her.

If you know there's a problem, it's better to know about it rather than be ignorant forever. It's like being told you have a piece of food stuck to your teeth. You might be embarrassed for a few seconds when it's pointed out but you'll be much happier/confident for the rest of the day.

I'm 28 and she's 32.

You're 28??????

I weep for the future.

Do you have a personality disorder or a social delay? I mean, every emotionally intelligent person KNOWS better than this.

I would have guess you were about 14.

• Like 4

They are going to laugh you out of the station. Seriously, you cannot possibly be 28.

• Like 1

Lol. You are joking aren´t you? If you are being serious I hope someone helps her realise that she is well rid of you. You just aren´t worth it mate.

Oh, and before you go all high on yourself and all the attention you are getting. The tables could turn in a few months. Perhaps your next thread will be all about how someone dumped you and didn´t take your calls after dating for 5 months.

Take care now!

So blocking her isn't enough?

Cops will laugh at you. You broke up with her by text (did you tell them?) and now she's upset because you didn't have the balls to talk to her face to face.

They won't file charges against her.

• Like 3
lol, welp. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm sorry for both of you. I hope you find compassion and I hope she finds peace.

Nicely said.

Maybe, just maybe if you called her and apologized for being a jerk, that she deserved more respect (to break up with her in person) than to end it by text, she might let go and stop calling/texting you.

My guess is, you really don't care.

• Like 1
Take your whoopin'. She will move on eventually.

You should probably be dating someone younger, BTW.

No, no, no! We don't need any young women messed up with this guy's head games and bad manners.

He needs an older woman to give him the shyte kicking he deserves, lol. And good!

• Like 3

You got a crummy way of handling things. You could start by acting like an adult and rather than text her saying hey were done, she deserved a phone call at least.

It was a chicken ***** way out of the relationship and some day you'll get paid back and then we'll see how you like it.

• Like 2

Cheer up, OP. If she's smart, she'll tell everyone she knows how you broke up with her. Word gets around, no matter how much you think it doesn't.

Sure, you could tell everyone she's 'cray', but you only get so many passes at that explanation before people realize who is the real douchebag....

I've witnessed this happening with lots of guys... all of a sudden, they wonder why they aren't being invited to parties anymore... why no one wants to recommend them to anyone... not for potential dating, or jobs, or anything else. Your inability to communicate effectively and responsibly face-to-face is likely a trait that extends into lots of other areas of your life. So, it really is in YOUR best interest to grow up a little and learn how to treat other people. Even if you aren't 'feelin' it.

• Like 4

In the adult world there are consequences for our actions your now dealing with one you treated her poorly and gave her no respectable closure shes now returning the favor you were def wrong what shes doing is taking it to far granted BUT its still a consequence of your own action..

EngnimaticResponse
Cheer up, OP. If she's smart, she'll tell everyone she knows how you broke up with her. Word gets around, no matter how much you think it doesn't.

Sure, you could tell everyone she's 'cray', but you only get so many passes at that explanation before people realize who is the real douchebag....

I've witnessed this happening with lots of guys... all of a sudden, they wonder why they aren't being invited to parties anymore... why no one wants to recommend them to anyone... not for potential dating, or jobs, or anything else. Your inability to communicate effectively and responsibly face-to-face is likely a trait that extends into lots of other areas of your life. So, it really is in YOUR best interest to grow up a little and learn how to treat other people. Even if you aren't 'feelin' it.

Why would it matter what he said? She has the text on her phone to Prove his douchebag-stardom. What he doesn't seem to grasp is what he did is the pre-cellphone equivalent of leaving a Post-It on her front door. And if he truely can't wrap his head around why what he did is so wrong, then he needs to seriously get himself checked for Asperger's Syndrom. Edited by EngnimaticResponse
  • Like 4
DatingDirection

this guy sounds like he's a spoiled brat living at home at the age of 28! i mean, honestly, to dump a woman over a text message after 5 months of being together, and saying "im board" have a nice life... implies that he's had an easy life and when he gets board with his toys, mommy and daddy will just get him a better one. So he learned to treat people that way.

CrystalShine2011

I know texting is easier, and perhaps I'm just in a different generation than you...but usually when you get older that isn't how you do things. I'm going to assume you are in high school or grade school?

I would just ignore her, it will die down. :)

I think the OP is the one who is acting insane.

It's only two days and he's filing harassment charges on the girl... That's a bit extreme and crazy.

He said this is his first relationship at 28. So we can go ahead an assume he's not good with socializing.

This topic needs to go dead. The OP is the one in the wrong and he's making a big deal out a little things.