Where are you today?

2.5 months NC.

Its funny because in writing, 2.5 months is nothing. But it feels like a lifetime ago that I was in the middle of that madness.

I must say, its so nice not to have to worry about when will I hear from him, or wondering what hes doing or all that other craziness that comes from being in an affair.

Im living my life for me and my family and not for some ahole that pretended to have so many feelings for me. What a joke.

Edited by nikki76
edit
  • Like 4

I broke nc after 7 weeks... Because I needed some questions answered that we're eating me up.

Well I won't tell the questions or answers but I will say that it didn't hurt as much seeing him. I was ok. I still love him but I'm not willing to sacrifice myself again...

I'm still going to stick with my no contact but in my situation it's hard because we live a few blocks from each other and our kids go to the same school. Nc made me more aware of my feelings and being nervous about seeing him, but now that I have seen him for some reason I'm more at peace.

And I'm not going to start up again with him....

My recommendation would be to go full NC and keep at least trying to meet new potential dating partners. I am worried that you not going NC is blocking you from opening to others truly. Am not an expert and this is your journey but I would say keep NC.

Yeah I had that... Those things that you can't sleep for that you need to know. I am still lc with him so when I saw him I stopped. We always did this in years. However he looked really bad. It just ended up me crying and shouting at him. I went home and looked at his photo and he's grey a wrinkled in just four years!! He looked so miserable.)-: I don't think I'll ever get over this. The change in him physically and mentally is astonishing since the break-up 16 months. Me too I'm a wreck.

Each day of NC is a victory no matter how small the number.

I'm great today again.

I think I'm getting to a place of indifference.

I still think of my XAP, but the thought of her doesn't evoke any emotions; no sadness, no anger, no missing, no guilt, no regret...nothing at all for about 3 days now.

It's like a switch has gone off internally. It's about damn time too :)

It took 16 months, but I'm here. If I can get here, everyone can.

Stay NC, everyone.

• Like 1

So why would you be here? HAPPY for you if it's possible. No one is that altruistic if they were truly OVER IT

If I were over Mm you wouldn't get me here for anything.

And after two years!!!

Edited by Casa
So why would you be here? HAPPY for you if it's possible. No one is that altruistic if they were truly OVER IT

LS and counseling have helped me see things differently, which has helped me move forward towards peace in my heart.

Maybe that's how it works. We beat ourselves up and mourn until there's nothing left to beat and cry about.

I think 16 months of beating myself up is enough.

And yes, I'm here to offer any support if can. It's really that simple.

• Like 2

I've kept NC for a week and a half and will do it even if it kills me. I refuse to give up my dignity any more for this guy.