She Only Talks About Herself

Kaiten

This is my first time coming across a girl like this for myself.

I noticed that she would start a conversation by saying something about herself that I didn't even ask about. At first I took this for her being very talkative - which would have been a plus for me.

Things were actually looking up. And then I looked through a bunch of our texts one day, and realized that I had never gotten to have the opportunity to ask her any questions. That was a first.

Now at this point it's been a couple months. She interrupts me frequently in conversation. Never really listens. So much so that I could not ever even consider being more than her friend.

I would like to know though... how does one handle this type of girl? She is quite interesting if she let's you inquire about her. I've completely lost all hope, but at this point I want to figure out if there even is a way to have a two-sided conversation with her.

My last question is this: Are all girls like her pretty much a lost cause when it comes to dating?

u are the lost cause. U lack experience and have a great thing and because of your newbieness cant see whats happening. ThAts all I do on beginning dates. Is get her to talk. Ask questions and listen. Get yourself some tissues she didnt care to hear your side but when a women talks a lot its just a huge plus. Thats interest level. Shes opening up and expressing herself. Use it.

Better yet give me her number and go find someone whos shy and awkward.

fitnessfan365
u are the lost cause. U lack experience and have a great thing and because of your newbieness cant see whats happening. ThAts all I do on beginning dates. Is get her to talk. Ask questions and listen. Get yourself some tissues she didnt care to hear your side but when a women talks a lot its just a huge plus. Thats interest level. Shes opening up.

Better yet give me her number and go find someone whos shy and awkward.

I agree and disagree with this. It is true that women are emotional beings and love to connect with a guy they're interested in. So her wanting to talk is a good thing.

But, her constantly interrupting is rude behavior. Her never taking an interest in him whatsoever is self involved. I mean is the guy her romantic interest or her therapist? Her never shutting the hell up for him to get a word in edge wise is just play annoying. After all, someone who never shuts the hell up is just as bad as someone who acts like a mute.

SycamoreCircle

Lost cause? Yes.

This is a selfish person. She's not interested in you. She's interested in how she feels when she's with you; what you make her think of herself.

Walk away.

She's probably very hot. Probably gets a lot of attention from men. If she jumped into bed with you, she'd tell you you're welcome for being allowed to touch her the next morning.

I. Speak. From. Experience.

Aw she didnt hear my side. Poor babies. Give me her number and let me take it from her. Hahaha what newbies.

Btw why are u wearing a sweater in such a hot place?

When i see people dojng the open shirt thing really makes me laugh. Especially when they dont have the build.to.pull.it.off

Edited by rocketman122
  • Author

Perhaps I didn't elaborate on just how severe it is. I don't think she has asked me anything about myself in the last 2 months. I can't think of a single question she asked me.

Her interrupting me makes me feel like I am on some sort of practical joke show. I can't really talk unless I am asking her about herself. Sure, I could play the game for a time. Maybe we could even hook up. But I can tell you now I find this very unattractive - I just hope I'm the only one she does it to.

Perhaps I didn't elaborate on just how severe it is. I don't think she has asked me anything about myself in the last 2 months. I can't think of a single question she asked me.

Her interrupting me makes me feel like I am on some sort of practical joke show. I can't really talk unless I am asking her about herself. Sure, I could play the game for a time. Maybe we could even hook up. But I can tell you now I find this very unattractive - I just hope I'm the only one she does it to.

Why don't you ask her if does actually want to know anything about you?

Sounds like she has verbal diarrhoea... up to you if you can live with it or not but sounds like its bugging you...

• Like 1

I'm someone who was raised in a family who in order to be heard, I had to talk over, so maybe I can help. You should at least try to gently make her aware of the problem in a good natured way. With a smile on your face, say something like, You know, I like that you always have something to say, but boy, when you get going sometimes I find it hard to participate in the conversation because I can't get a whole thought out. Make her aware of it.

The other option is simpler but more risky because it tends to offend, but it's perfectly alright to do if you do it with no edge to your voice and without raising your voice and with a little smile: Excuse me, I wasn't finished. (then resume your thought).

• Like 1
Why don't you ask her if does actually want to know anything about you?

Yes.

Communicate with her!

There are 2 possibilities here.

1 - she is clueless she is doing this and it is just a bad habit

2 - she's selfish and doesn't really care about anything you would say

If it is #1, she will hear you and become more aware of how she interacts with others, which will improve her whole life, and if it is #2 and she gets angry, you haven't lost anything anyway.

• Like 1

She won't be able to talk so much if you'd just put your...

ok, well, you can fill in the blanks.

What I hear you saying is that she can't stop talking about herself. How do you deal with someone like that?

Either like up above, or with a whole lot of space, or hopefully, both.

Why is it so hard for you to decide you don't like her that much, so throw her back and try again?

• Like 1

she interrupts you because you have no spine and are wimpy in her eyes. when a woman interrupts me I say "hey..hey.. slow down" and then they slow down. or I say "wait a second, im talking" with an assertive tone and thats it. but she senses your "weak-ness" so she steps all over you. the fact youre crying about it proves it.

let the bitch talk. wear her out. you should be concerned a woman shuts the fek up and you have to keep the conversation going. like I said, you lack experience and it shows.

...Dongle in her communications port?

The outbound, unidirectional communications port. That one doubles as a cozy for your dongle.

But as for the two upper inbound communications ports located above, on each lateral side of the port housing, not so much. Apparently, they don't work anyway.

• Author

I wouldnt consider myself passive. Most people I know wouldnt think of me that way. I do value respect and I also like a good argument. Also, Ive been (proudly) demoted in the military for talking back to superiors, so dont even bother entertaining that idea.

But something seems off about this. Some may consider it weak to just let someone interrupt you. I simply look at the person and wonder why they did it. I dont see the point in trying to assert yourself to me in conversation. Im trying to be on her team. It would be entirely unnecessary. I prove myself with actions.

• Author

It would be great if she were talking about something bigger than herself even some of the time. If you are gonna hog the convo, make it worth listening to. After 30 minutes of talking about yourself, go into something bigger. What inspires you, your life goals, what you think about possibilities, your political stance, etc.

It's like she doesn't ever talk about anything else because she hasnt noticed anything she thinks is more interesting than she is.