How long have you been in your Affair?

I personally knew someone who was in an affair for almost 10 years. I was wondering for those who are or were involved, how long was it for you? Do you regret it & would you do it again?

The A itself was about 3 years, maybe a little more, but the R in total has been more than 10. (We've been M probably twice as long as we were in the A.)

Regret it? No. Only regret it is cutting the BW some slack in the early days. A harder line would have been less confusing for the kids, and better for everyone, ultimately.

Do it again? In a heartbeat!

It was two years, two months. I totally regret it. I knew I was making a mistake the first time I had sex with him, but the ego kibbles were too good to pass up. Too much pain for me and BS. I'm sure exMM felt (feels) pain too. Almost four weeks nc now.

Bittersweetie

My A was about a year long, with a six month gap of very low contact in the middle. I am over 5 years from it ending and d-day.

Do I regret it? Yes. I regret and hate that I became a person so selfish and uncaring that I hurt my husband and myself. I hate that I became a person who not only treated other people terribly, but allowed myself to be treated terribly.

Would I do it again? No. The pain I inflicted on my partner, and on myself, was horrible and can never be erased. I never want to be the type of person who hurts others like that again.

EA for 8 years, PA for 8 months then his father died and he put me on a "break", it's been like that for the last 5 months. We are still friends and it's almost back to being like we were 10 years ago. I would do it all again with him but I would NOT do it again with any other man, ever.

I personally knew someone who was in an affair for almost 10 years. I was wondering for those who are or were involved, how long was it for you? Do you regret it & would you do it again?

5 years, no regrets. She is the only one. I'm not jumping through those hoops with anyone else.

I'm no longer in the A but was in it for a little over 2 years.

I don't regret it per se, in that it taught me a lot and fortunately it was at a time in my life where I wasn't contemplating things like marriage, a family etc, so I don't feel like it wasted as much of my time as it could have and it didn't have significant repercussions.

But, would I do it again? Hell no. Especially not now that I am older and actually want a sustainable relationship and am looking for someone I can share my life with and have a family with.

Less than a year. I do not regret our relationship because we are very happy but I wish we had not begun as an affair.

I can't remember exactly but it was more than ten months, less than a year before he left the marriage.