Getting rid of smartphone

• Author
It's not the majority of girls, just those that are more visible. There is greater visibility to what people are up to than there has ever been before. While I don't post selfies ever, I enjoy dressing up differently every day, putting on make up and I'm into fashion. That doesn't make me shallow. Don't see why we should wear dungarees to look 'deep'. Fashion is actually quite creative.

I didn't say that loving fashion makes someone shallow. I love it too. I also never said that we should wear dungarees to look deep. However, I DO believe, that with the upcoming social media age, more people choose shallow jobs and hobbies. Of course shallow people were always around (duh) but I really believe that a lot of people who would not have become shallow pre-social media, are triggered by the inputs, and 'become' shallow.

Or rather, they just do not take the time to get to know themselves and the rest of the world and just follow the mainstream popular topics in life.

Again, greater visibility. It's more obvious that some people have problems with boundaries. In the past you wouldn't have known that your girlfriend flirted with every guy in the office because you weren't there. Now you can see on facebook that she constantly needs validation.

About this issue as well, I believe people are triggered more and more. Some people are sensitive to these triggers and start behaving in different ways than they would have pre-social media. Of course in the end it all has to do with the person's character and strength of personality, but that doesn't change the fact that they're being triggered.

Also, I notice a lot of peer pressure in this area.