Is it unusual for adults to get "crushes"?

Originally posted by Night Train

My real problem is that I absolutely love working with this person and don't want this to screw up our great working relationship. I would hate to tell her and make her feel uncomfortable, which could lead to her quiting. So I think I suffer in silence and enjoy our time together (which I might add is more time together than either of us spend with our significant others.)

I just had a feeling he was interested as well, and since neither of us are in a position of authority, i did not think it would hurt to find out what he was feeling. And it didn't. We have remained professional in the workplace, we went out on a date on Monday and we will just see what happens next.

IhavenoFREAKINclue

I didn't read all the other posts but here's my 2 cents.

Their stages of "likeness" It starts as a crush...moves on to like...moves on to likes a lot...and so on and so forth. You can have a crush as an adult. You don't automatically jump into the like stage. You can't control feelings, if you have a crush..so what! Crush away!

LucreziaBorgia

A crush is only a crush until its revealed, and is 'harmless' only when it is not shared. If it is revealed, then its either ignored or shot down and it dies, or the object of your affection stokes it up into something far more than a 'crush'.

i'm a 35 year old guy and have a huge crush on a woman,. I havent felt like this since high school.Actually probally way worse than any high school crush.

Three of Swords
Originally posted by sw

i'm a 35 year old guy and have a huge crush on a woman,. I havent felt like this since high school.Actually probally way worse than any high school crush.

Yeah - that is how it felt for me as well when I had a huge crush just recently on a fellow- way worse than high school. I think some of that was cause I thought I was 'too old' to be feeling that way.

But alas, the feelings were not returned. Crush has died and fizzled and I am pretty much over it.

Next :cool: