Why would a coworker want to share "bad news" with other employees about the company?

I don't think so because I wanna believe budgets were approved to hire those people. You don't bring on new people without knowing if you can pay them.

My company let me go the day they exited bankruptcy. I had only been there 3 months and they had hired people after me. They started the bankruptcy process only a week or two after hiring me. Some companies make bad financial decisions without any thought as to how it will affect others. I had a stable job of 2 years before jumping ship to that job, thinking it would be long term. Then one day, they upped and dumped me at my 90 day mark without any explanation. Just the usual "after considering company needs and overall performance".

the "don't say anything" sounds wierd, office politics, idk, but the news of the move sounds like bull to me - how did the colleague know and why share this secret so?

it reminds me of some1 i worked with who talked shop just to see how far up the totem pole i saw myself, a sneaky rival, in other words

• Author
My company let me go the day they exited bankruptcy. I had only been there 3 months and they had hired people after me. They started the bankruptcy process only a week or two after hiring me. Some companies make bad financial decisions without any thought as to how it will affect others. I had a stable job of 2 years before jumping ship to that job, thinking it would be long term. Then one day, they upped and dumped me at my 90 day mark without any explanation. Just the usual "after considering company needs and overall performance".

Sorry to hear that, looks like today you can't really celebrate too much once you start a new job because you have to complete probation and reach that one year mark. That happened to me 3 years ago, started a job in sept and it ended in december.

SO rough out here when it comes to jobs

• Like 1
  • Author
the "don't say anything" sounds wierd, office politics, idk, but the news of the move sounds like bull to me - how did the colleague know and why share this secret so?

it reminds me of some1 i worked with who talked shop just to see how far up the totem pole i saw myself, a sneaky rival, in other words

I decided to maintain a mature mindset and told myself if were to move no big deal unless my desk is outside on the sidewalk. As long as I am working indoors I am cool lol