I'm struggling letting go. Really struggling

The Poster

I can relate so much, Mine was only a short time with no real label.

I'm on 10 day nc. I didn't beg or cry or anything i just accepted the break up and said good bye.

I can fully relate to the not hearing from them making you feel meaningless it's already stinging after 10 days.

It is weird going from talking constantly to absolutely nothing at all. It's such a shock to the system.

Something good happened to me today and everyone was proud and i was living in the moment until i wanted to call her and tell her and then i remembered i couldn't and i shouldn't and i just went down hill again and need to move on.

I'm so sorry to hear she never contacted you even after all of this time. It scares me. I feel like you're months ahead of me and i'd feel the same way you do if I hadn't heard anything. I don't know what to suggest because you've done everything i've done. I guess it's just best to try and move on. It's so weird but i can't tell you how much i can relate to this, even meeting her in a dark time etc.. her life not going as planned it's crazy.

• Like 1
  • Author
I can relate so much, Mine was only a short time with no real label.

I'm on 10 day nc. I didn't beg or cry or anything i just accepted the break up and said good bye.

I can fully relate to the not hearing from them making you feel meaningless it's already stinging after 10 days.

It is weird going from talking constantly to absolutely nothing at all. It's such a shock to the system.

Something good happened to me today and everyone was proud and i was living in the moment until i wanted to call her and tell her and then i remembered i couldn't and i shouldn't and i just went down hill again and need to move on.

I'm so sorry to hear she never contacted you even after all of this time. It scares me. I feel like you're months ahead of me and i'd feel the same way you do if I hadn't heard anything. I don't know what to suggest because you've done everything i've done. I guess it's just best to try and move on. It's so weird but i can't tell you how much i can relate to this, even meeting her in a dark time etc.. her life not going as planned it's crazy.

Welcome to the club!

Yeah, it's really difficult. I've been through long term breakups that broke my heart, but nothing has hurt me like this has. I think there are multiple reasons for that though that I've already mentioned in this thread.

Eventually you understand that there's nothing we can do and to just trust that the future will be full of love, laughter, peace, and happiness again.

I do see a light though. So I just gotta keep hoping and praying and holding on.

Good luck to you, man. You'll get through it.

iDoodleEveryday

hey there OP,

We are totally in the same boat. Had a label, lasted about 2 1/2 months~3months. Little to No quarrels. Had great chemistry, great sex, great conversations and after 3 months boom, "i just want to be single for now" poof.

Only difference is that during the whole "thing", we broke up 2 times before the final break where i just let go. Her reason? "i am confused".

I'd say that after almost 2 months of NC, i feel alot better. I'm starting to smile more and laugh over simple silly stuffs instead of mopping around all day. I'm not saying i dont think of her anymore, i see her all the time in college but i tell myself i deserve better than a girl who does not appreciate me. And when I do feel emotional about her and the situation, i just tell myself that it's gonna be alright at the end of the day.

So hang in there all of you who have been hurt by such people, you are a beautiful person and you deserve someone who will understand and appreciate you, there is no point clinging on to somebody who will take in everything and turn around to hurt you anymore. This time we take control of who we need in our lives, not who we want in our lives :) Cheer up all!

We can be each others pillars of support in such a time!