"You jest caint figgur' a male from OLD, you jest caint"

Last week I changed my profile on OKC to include "casual sex", but the pic & profile info. remain unchanged. Went from NO messages from any men for the last 2 months to 7 (avg. 1 per day) the week I changed it. Thing is...the messages are no different than before : "Hi, how are you...", not explicit like "where & when baby" (of which I'm kind of glad about actually), AND since the males still don't match my profile specs. I'm no better off b/c the end result is the same as if I was getting no messages.

(for fun: who can guess which movie I paraphrased a line from to make my title?)

Interesting experiment. I struggle to imagine such a dearth of responses but that is likely due to demographics rather than any specifics regarding yourself or your OLD profile. It appears, in your region, men using OLD have defaulted to generic responses for whatever reason, whether interested in dating or casual sex. Essentially, they're putting their profile in front of you and you take it from there. If they look attractive and the profile catches your attention, then things move forward. If not, it dies without any substantial investment nor effort. Signs of the times perhaps.

I recall looking over the shoulder of one LS'er who lived in the same general region while she plowed through the responses to her OLD profile and there were literally hundreds. Divorced mother of two living in an apartment and going to school. Interesting world out there.

I resisted googling the phrase as that would be cheating and I don't remember it so someone else will get the prize. ;)