How do I stop picturing her with other men

questionsforthenouns

You can't brother. And I know this hurts a lot. You dream about her with another guy and you wake up and still think about it. I know it's hard, and there is absolutely nothing you can do to change the way you feel. The good news is that if you just leave her alone that it will get better. In a few months youll be thinking about her with other men and it won't even bother you.. I know it's hard, but you'll get there in time. This I can promise you

• Like 1
But it's not that easy. I mean she's not necessarily stringing me along for her own ego. Let me type out the text she sent to me this morning so you can decipher it.

"I don't know if it's okay to say this...but I really ****ing miss you. I know I can't be with you right now because I have to be true to myself and make myself happy without the help of someone. But I've been thinking about you since you left, nothing's taking my mind off you. I miss you Harrison. I want what we had, and I know it's not possible right now and that's why you had to leave but I want it back.

"I just want to drive to Orick (beach we used to go to) and stay there."

"I'm sorry, I know it's not fair for me to say that. But I really do miss you. I keep replaying what you said, life's too short. It is too short. I just want to be happy and health with myself so that I can be a better person for you and we can go back to being at peace."

Those were her texts. And I have no idea what to do with them. She's giving me such an ambiguous message, where she wants to be with me but also says it's not possible...

Then you reply by saying, "Ya know you got a real $h!tty way of showing it". Then I let her know that if she wants to strike out on her own and doesn't want a relationship with you, then stop with the "miss you crap" because it comes down to this. She wants her freedom to explore but wants you there for her life line. She can't have it both ways and if you let her, then be prepared for a lot more of this.

If she decides that she wants to come back with you, let her prove it. I wouldn't take her word on it.

• Like 1
  • Author
questionsforthenouns
Then you reply by saying, "Ya know you got a real $h!tty way of showing it". Then I let her know that if she wants to strike out on her own and doesn't want a relationship with you, then stop with the "miss you crap" because it comes down to this. She wants her freedom to explore but wants you there for her life line. She can't have it both ways and if you let her, then be prepared for a lot more of this.

If she decides that she wants to come back with you, let her prove it. I wouldn't take her word on it.

Yeah dude. We have been texting all day and she's been giving me the same old, "I miss you but I can't be with you but I want to see you but I can't be close" bull****, so finally I this is what I said over text:

"Emily, I just don't know what to say to you. God damnit. I understand that you've never really been single before and you need to go out and align yourself and do whatever, but I'm not going to sit here and wait for you to get done with whatever the f**k you have to do. If you want anything to happen between us, you can prove it to me. Until then, I am going on my merry way."

And i ended it at that. She told me she understands and take care. And that is that.