Can you be "won over"?

kaylan

• Author
Yeah, I can. To me guys attraction and pursual is a huge turn on.

I think it works differently for men though. The attraction is more primal and men don't care if you are nice, kind etc. That's in part why I cut things off when a guy is lukewarm at the start.

Depends on the person. Some people care more about nice...while others can be blinded by primal attraction. Ive had a couple girls I had intense chemistry with, but we really didnt get along at all. We butt heads so much. Kinda made things hotter tbh.

However, nowadays I couldnt be bothered with that drama.

Yeah I would fall in love with heaps of guys if I were like that.

I have so many "nice and kind" guys crazy about me.. But yeah they don't win me over, lol.

But yeah, I would rather not be romantic about a guy that I am not even excited about. That is what FRIENDS are for.

I guess one day I will want a partner. 30 years form now lol I will settle for less than the butterflies that you seem happy to forgo.

You're right. That is what friends are for. And my partner is my best friend as well. Best of both worlds.

Depends on the person. Some people care more about nice...while others can be blinded by primal attraction. Ive had a couple girls I had intense chemistry with, but we really didnt get along at all. We butt heads so much. Kinda made things hotter tbh.

However, nowadays I couldnt be bothered with that drama.

To give up the search, at least for me - it takes MORE than some "really nice guy" who is trying to woo me.

Some women are like me and they want both the intense chemistry AND a "nice guy" who treats us well and who we are compatible with long term. Simple.

When a "nice guy" comes along and tries to win me over, I cannot be bothered trying to grow chemistry, I am studying podiatry full time at college, work and save for overseas trips for Christ sake, way too busy to have to give a guy a chance just cos he is " such an awesome person":lmao:I don't want to let a totally wonderful guy win me over, when I could be travelling overseas as a single woman, and could potentially meet the love of my life, whom I actually have intense chemistry and passion with?

I am not seeking a relationship badly enough at my age and life stage - for me to let an amazing guy win me over. Of course, women who ARE at a stage in their lives when they want a relationship WILL be inclined to give things a shot with the "amazing guy" who tries to win them over. Furthermore, when it comes to chemistry, Women I know of who don't place a high emphasis on needing a 9 or 10 on the chemistry scale have let men win them over. I dunno. I guess some women don't care if they have an explosive sex life and would rather a "best friend" as a partner with mediocre sex. Winning someone over can be at the expensive of an intense sex life, which just won't do for me. I am 28 and still have a lot of world travel to do. When I am 35 or thereabouts I am sure I may be persuaded by a "nice guy" to give things a shot. More likely, is that I will be so set in my single ways, that I would rather remain single and hold out for passionate affairs that may not last.

Relationship orientated people can be won over.

People like me - would love to fall madly in love and have a relationship that is filled with passion, comfort and a stable life together - would rather hold out a few more years longer and wait out for a man that we are actually excited about - opposed to being "won over" by some guy who we are just not that into.....

Different strokes for different folks.

I hope you can see the two types of women - the ones who can be won over and those, that cannot (AKA, me:D).

• Like 1
People seem to misunderstand my OP.

Let me clarify:

I'm talking about dating someone you like, are attracted to and have sex with...but you were initially iffy about taking things further but were later won over emotion-wise. Things were casual and fun... And you were won over for the relationship part of things.

Ok. I get what you're saying now. I actually think I won my boyfriend over. He has children and I don't yet. So even though we were falling in love I had never seriously dated a man with children so he was reluctant to get serious with me because of that. But it's working out well for us.

• Like 1