Lonely Young Wife Struggling

Why is it going to make him step up? Because he will be thinking of his hot wife surrounded by other men. He will feel insecure and have to up his game. It won't even be a conscious decision for him to make. You're utilizing the way men think to your advantage.

You can talk to a man from sun up to sun down and get NOWHERE. You can complain about how immature this guy is all day long and that is all TRUE but it still will get you NOWHERE. Couple counseling MIGHT work but just as likely might just feel like a bunch more WORDS to him. Women like to talk, men like to do, is basically what the original post was alluding to - it's simplistic, of course, but you get the point. I'm sorry if it feels like you're playing a stupid mind game.

Or, she could just be with someone who doesn't need his partner to utilize mind games and jealousy to make him handle his responsibilities like an adult? Not all men play games to the point of neglecting their partner and family. Not even all gamers do that.

I suspect the point is moot, though, as the OP hasn't returned.

• Like 1

I was once married to someone who wasn't on the same intellectual plane as me. I left him after about 7 yrs of marriage. No kids. I never looked back. He was basically a nice guy but it was actually a mental burden to be around him.

I disagree that there aren't men out there who want some kind mentally stimulating conversation. It doesn't mean you'll have world changing conversations every night, but at least you will sometimes, and you're mostly in the same mental ballpark with one another. I say go find that guy.

Edited by bathtub-row
  • Like 1