Are relationships really worth it?

More and more i question if it's worth it.

Why put myself through hell to search for something that may never exist for me?

Being lonely ismt pleasant, but it's better than putting myself through the wringer. That hurts much more.

• Like 2

Why put myself through hell to search for something that may never exist for me?

Being lonely ismt pleasant, but it's better than putting myself through the wringer. That hurts much more.

Refreshing to hear this from a woman, I agree.

It is better to have never loved, than to have loved and lost. The pain of the latter will always outweigh the pain of the former.

• Like 1
  • Author

I hear ya Phoe. I try to stay positive but most days I find myself coming back to this kind of thought process. The fear of the pain of failure has kept me from even getting out there and trying, more times than not, but I think we both need to buckle down, hang in there, and keep pushing.

I've found that's what this website is actually best for. We might all be a bunch of anonymous strangers to each other but we're ones that can lend support to each other when the going gets rough like this.

• Like 1

I hope relationships are worth it! I'm fighting a lot of shyness and self-consciousness to be happy and whole. I'd like to be a good partner to a good man.

Being single and not quite (but mostly) dateless can be lonely. I don't know how to put myself out there properly.

I've often wondered whether a relationship is really worth it or not. I reflect in my life and of all the past relationships I have had, several of which have left scars in my heart and changed the way I view people, particularly women in general.

Back when I was just a young lass, 18 years of age, or even younger in fact, I viewed women as something that can do no wrong, mystical creatures that I could only dream of being able to share my life with. Through several heartbreaks, tears, and many bouts of arguments, I grown and developed to learn that women are not perfect, quite the opposite in fact. They are flawed, trifled with insecurities, false expectations, and idealisms that are unobtainable in a relationship. They are in fact just like me, when I was 18, we all are.

We yearn for this picture perfect relationship, of undying happiness and devotion to one another but somehow can never seem to obtain it. We want peace of mind and a sense of safety, an avoidance of pain. But deep in our hearts, we know that is not possible, not all the time at least. There will be pains, heartaches, arguments, disagreements, stress, regrets and countless other emotions we wish to never have to experience and get rid from within ourselves, but they never go away fully.

So I ask myself, is a relationship really worth it? Knowing all of this, what I have gone through, and will go through in staying in a relationship, to suffer under the weight of what may or may not happen, is it truly worth it? Do I really want to go through all of this or would I just be happier alone, having to only consider my own needs and not that of another human being. Only time can really tell if it is worth it, and because of that, I would rather stay in a relationship and find out, rather than be out of one and only wonder....