Ex GF broke up, then texted "I miss you."

I just thought about something.. you received "I miss you".. wouldn't it be awesome to have answered "I don't".

I mean, that's the ultimate break up nail in the coffin.

Or you could have replied:

"Who gives a rats @ss?" :laugh:

or

"Whatever" :D

• Like 1
  • Author
Let me just understand - You didn't break up with her, and she didn't break up with you, right? You just stop communicating... yes?

She got upset after I went out and didn't contact her until I was on my way home. So she gets pissed and hangs up the phone. She then distances herself from me, not answering my calls or texts so I just backed off. It's been a little over 2 weeks.

• Author

UPDATE:

She texted me Friday just saying "Hey..." I never responded.

I was at my parents last night (Saturday) and she called! I didn't answer and texted her 3.5 hrs later saying. "I saw you called, everything OK?"

She didn't respond until the next day. She sent me 10 msgs and to sum up the convo (roughly 5 msgs sent by me), she is upset that I haven't reached out to her "breadcrumbs" and that I didn't return her call, I texted. She said things like "You always have a backup plan" to "You say one thing and do another"...all negative and upset on her end. She ends with "I'm going to go now."

I respond consistently with: "We are not dating and haven't spoken in a long time. You have no right to be upset with me." I also said that she needs to get control of her passive aggressive behavior and end it.

What should I do here? I felt great until she reached out and if it were calm and positive, I would be OK but the fact that it's been two weeks and she is just picking up where she left off blows my mind. What do you all think I should do?

I only want a woman who will fight to the bitter end to keep the relationship going steady. It's obvious that she is just wanting to be reassured that I'm still on the other end of the line. There has been no I'm apology.

Bingo! I want a fighter as well. Someone who recognizes that life isn't about unicorns and rainbows! You want a good life?? You gotta fight for it!

UPDATE:

She texted me Friday just saying "Hey..." I never responded.

I was at my parents last night (Saturday) and she called! I didn't answer and texted her 3.5 hrs later saying. "I saw you called, everything OK?"

She didn't respond until the next day. She sent me 10 msgs and to sum up the convo (roughly 5 msgs sent by me), she is upset that I haven't reached out to her "breadcrumbs" and that I didn't return her call, I texted. She said things like "You always have a backup plan" to "You say one thing and do another"...all negative and upset on her end. She ends with "I'm going to go now."

I respond consistently with: "We are not dating and haven't spoken in a long time. You have no right to be upset with me." I also said that she needs to get control of her passive aggressive behavior and end it.

What should I do here? I felt great until she reached out and if it were calm and positive, I would be OK but the fact that it's been two weeks and she is just picking up where she left off blows my mind. What do you all think I should do?

Ignore her until she is very clear that she wants you back as a boyfriend and apologizes for her behavior.

Hmm?

This Ex GF sounds like she wanted you to do things her way. When you stood up to her and did your way she had put in in a box with a lock on it. So now your two are broken-up.

Best advise here is to stay clear and let her come to you. Don't give in so fast to her. Let her see the errors of her ways. But the text you got is I miss you will trigger something in your mind. Don't answer it. If she comes to your place let her in and see what she really wants from you?

You need to make contact with her face, and her eyes! Text is just it text doesn't mean much unless you can see her along with it.

Now wake-up and let her come to you! Be patient about it!

• Like 1
  • Author
Hmm?

This Ex GF sounds like she wanted you to do things her way. When you stood up to her and did your way she had put in in a box with a lock on it. So now your two are broken-up.

Best advise here is to stay clear and let her come to you. Don't give in so fast to her. Let her see the errors of her ways. But the text you got is I miss you will trigger something in your mind. Don't answer it. If she comes to your place let her in and see what she really wants from you?

You need to make contact with her face, and her eyes! Text is just it text doesn't mean much unless you can see her along with it.

Now wake-up and let her come to you! Be patient about it!

Well I gave in and called her tonight around 8PM and she didn't pick up and just texted with..."I just saw that you called." I feel like this is just vindictive behavior due to me not answering the day before. The text doesn't warrant a response but I'm just all confused.

Well I gave in and called her tonight around 8PM and she didn't pick up and just texted with..."I just saw that you called." I feel like this is just vindictive behavior due to me not answering the day before. The text doesn't warrant a response but I'm just all confused.

She's playing games with you!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you care about yourself you need to stop reaching out to her. If she cared that you called she would have called you right back as soon as she saw the missed call! By her sending the text she's saying "Hey, i know that you called... i'm not going to waste my time calling you back."

Doesn't the fact that she just picked up where she left off confirm that she's being rock-steady consistent in her game-playing behavior?

You need to ask and answer this question: have you seen enough to decide that this is not the relationship that you want to be in, and you are ready to walk away for good? Or are you wanting to play the games a bit longer, thinking that she will somehow magically change, mature overnight, and become the woman you would want to be with?

Because some of the advice above is, essentially, "wait her out, let her come to you." But once you've finally had enough, then the advice becomes: STOP. There is no purpose in responding, reaching out, or any further communication. It's time to move on.

So where are you in this process?

Stop calling her! Leave her alone! Let her come to you! Don't stoop to her mind games of not answering your calls! All this does is make you panic in your mind! Now this girl knows which buttons to press to get you to jump-up and jump-down. Just don't let her get to you.

Be strong! If this doesn't play right you should move on!

Stop calling her! Leave her alone! Let her come to you! Don't stoop to her mind games of not answering your calls! All this does is make you panic in your mind! Now this girl knows which buttons to press to get you to jump-up and jump-down. Just don't let her get to you.

Be strong! If this doesn't play right you should move on!

My point is: it's already "not playing right."

Waiting for her to give in and come to him is just the next stage of the game.

Decide whether you want to play the games or not.