I'm a 38 year old man, single, never been married

I'm 41 and currently in a relationship with a 26 year old. My only advice is this: it depends. Literally everybody is different. Me and my GF work because we share the same values. My age is a minus to her, but big picture we fit well. And have a lot of fun together. That being said, I've never been about "younger" or anything. Just find a good match; forget about the superficial things...

I'm 41 and currently in a relationship with a 26 year old. My only advice is this: it depends. Literally everybody is different. Me and my GF work because we share the same values. My age is a minus to her, but big picture we fit well. And have a lot of fun together. That being said, I've never been about "younger" or anything. Just find a good match; forget about the superficial things...

I tried to meet a 27 year old last week but she cancelled because her grandmom had a stroke lol

• Author

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I agree I need to tighten up my desirable age and look closer to my age. Hopefully I'll have more success and gain confidence.

• Like 1
I haven't been with a woman in 6 months and I'm striking out getting second dates on Match. Should I be stressing out that I can't get a girlfriend? I'm afraid that once I hit 40 I won't be able to get a young attractive female. My confidence is shot because I'm balding. I have a good job, a good appearance besides being bald, and I'm nice and funny. Am I toast? It seems women only want really good looking guys nowadays?

I feel the same way about turning 30 and it continues...

• Author
I tried to meet a 27 year old last week but she cancelled because her grandmom had a stroke lol

Damn, hope she's ok!

Damn, hope she's ok!

part of me thinks he had a date the night before she met me and that was a made up story

But I will play along and act like Im clueless lol

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I agree I need to tighten up my desirable age and look closer to my age. Hopefully I'll have more success and gain confidence.

Confidence is very attractive, an air of desperation, angst or anxiety is not.

• 3 weeks later...

For what it's worth an old football coach at my high school had a habit of dating women 30 years younger than him. He was in his 60's when he married a woman in her 30's. Another neighbor I recall dated a 29 year old when he was 50. And these guys weren't even all that good looking. Depending on your personality it is possible.

But I guess these examples are pretty rare. It's actually something that saddens me on occasion. As a 28 year old virgin I've been on a few dates but haven't gotten very far. I worry sometimes if I end up losing my virginity in my 30's that I may end up too old for the young sexy college and 20-something girls. Nothing to be depressed over but occasionally sad. What can you do? Such is life. Some of us get left out.

Edited by AVarma

When I see a guy my age who is looking for young, 20-somethings, it's a total turn-off. I just view him as an immature man child whose fragile ego needs constant stoking in the form of some hot thing who won't challenge him intellectually. I'm 38, and while I've had a sexual fling or two with a 25yo.....I generally would not consider them appropriate for long term dating. We're just at different stages in our lives. And I like mature, reasonable, logical relationships....and that tends to come with age.

As for the balding, a man who owns his hair loss by shaving his head or keeping it really short and not trying to hide it is a turn on. That kind of confidence is quite appealing. As for not getting a second date, sometimes the chemistry just isn't there and it takes meeting in person to realize that. I would be sure that you're asking questions about them and not just talking about yourself (I'm amazed how many guys I've gone on dates with who never once ask me a single question about my life).

Also, are your first dates fun? Sneak some wine into the laser tag arena. Join a pick up game of soccer. Join or make-up a scavenger hunt. Creativity and thoughfulness win big points with me and will set you apart from the dinner, coffee, movie crowd.

• Like 1
When I see a guy my age who is looking for young, 20-somethings, it's a total turn-off. I just view him as an immature man child whose fragile ego needs constant stoking in the form of some hot thing who won't challenge him intellectually.

I don't know why you assume that a young, hot, 20-something woman can't also be intellectual.

spanishchick00

Dating an older women -40-50, would be your answer. Besides, they aren't half as bad as someone your age think! I know someone 50 year old women that look really young and are fashionable. They don't all have grey hair and wear grandma clothes. Plus, I don't know, if you will have shot with hot, young 25 year olds. Maybe if they were overweight and unattractive, they will go for it.

• Author
Dating an older women -40-50, would be your answer. Besides, they aren't half as bad as someone your age think! I know someone 50 year old women that look really young and are fashionable. They don't all have grey hair and wear grandma clothes. Plus, I don't know, if you will have shot with hot, young 25 year olds. Maybe if they were overweight and unattractive, they will go for it.

I'm really not attracted to most older women 40+ The single ones usually have something wrong with them. I want to date younger women or I'm staying single.

I get messaged a lot by older women on Match but I don't even respond.

I'm really not attracted to most older women 40+ The single ones usually have something wrong with them. I want to date younger women or I'm staying single.

I get messaged a lot by older women on Match but I don't even respond.

But the same thing can easily said about you? You're older and single as well... Maybe you're too picky and should give one of These older woman a chance, you never know they might be more fun and interesting than you think.

I also think you need to up the age limit, as a young woman, I can tell you most women my age aren't interested in a man 15+ years older. I have dated a man a lot older and I would never do it again.

SycamoreCircle

I'm 38. I had a year long relationship with a 25 year old. YOU AREN'T MISSING ANYTHING.

Ever heard of quarter-life crisis? Neither had I. Now I aim a little higher. I suggest you do the same.

A 38-year-old man who takes care of himself, has a job, a personality and sense of humor can easily swing a 28-35 year old woman. Forget the balding thing. Look at confident men who are bald. Follow their lead. Balding is nothing more than proof you have testosterone.