How/When do you know if glancing is a sign of interest?

lol ha. fair enough. It's just I think I'm way overthinking this anyway due to my own interest in her. There's probably an extremely low chance of her having any interest outside of possibly thinking I'm simply attractive to her.

That is a possibility... I have been on both ends of the misinterpreted interest situation. Honestly guy sometimes the gym is boring or the mind wanders... glancing around just gets your bearings back. Maybe you remind her of someone else, sometimes that happens too.

• Author
If it's followed by a candlelight dinner overlooking the gently lapping waters of the bay with long held gazes and quiet touches in the night, and then we die.

In other words, it's impossible. If you like someone, ask them on a date and keep showing up until she/you doesn't or one of you dies. There are, save for one, no guaranteed outcomes in life.

FWIW, there have been thousands of women who've given me the once, or twice, or thrice over 'glance' in life, and hundreds who have more overtly flirted or become 'familiar' beyond that of abject stranger. I was married to one. That probably explains it better than anything. All the rest were the nether. The glances in the gym may be the nether or the one. In my gym it would be the nether. In yours, unknown. See how it goes.

why in your gym would it be the nether?

• Author
That is a possibility... I have been on both ends of the misinterpreted interest situation. Honestly guy sometimes the gym is boring or the mind wanders... glancing around just gets your bearings back. Maybe you remind her of someone else, sometimes that happens too.

yeah that's another possibility. She's genuinely possibly one of the most attractive women I've seen at least to me since we do all have our own preferences. I suppose that's why I feel so intimidated to even say anything to her, plus quite possibly having the wrong impression would just suck since I'd have to avoid even just looking at her from then on.

Edited by NJ123
  • Author

Well I didn't see her at all tonight at the gym. Think I'm just going to forget about it. There's really no signs of her having any much interest, so I'll just leave it. If she smiles at me one day when she looks at me than I'll possibly do something about it but until than I'm going to just leave it alone.

why in your gym would it be the nether?

I would consider the statistical odds based on life experience and presume the nether, as I'm no longer a spring rooster casting a lustful eye on the hens in the yard. With youth springs optimism and energy. Enjoy it.

• Author
I would consider the statistical odds based on life experience and presume the nether, as I'm no longer a spring rooster casting a lustful eye on the hens in the yard. With youth springs optimism and energy. Enjoy it.

Well hey, you're not that old yourself. 55 is still considered somewhat young today compared to in the past.

In the realm of wondering whether any woman who casts a glance at me is 'interested', I'm old. BTDT, thousands of times. Got all the merit badges. Today I simply enjoy women without wondering. Life is far simpler now, which is how I like it. Your path will be your own.

• Like 1
  • Author
@OP....I happened to stumble across this today

For The Men: Signs A Woman Is Flirting With You | MadameNoire

Oh well, none of those apply to the woman I have a crush on except for the eye contact. And she has never smiled at me before. Not going to bother since it's highly likely I have the wrong idea, no point of either of us feeling uncomfortable around the other.

Ha, I clicked one too many times on 'next', identifying those signs of interest, and the next page was an article on bi-polar disorder :D

Yes, IME, such signs were an indication of something and, over many, many iterations, I came to understand it was a sign of being *married*. That still goes on today, though I simply enjoy it as harmless fun.

I remember one young lady had whatever 'it' was so bad that she started sneezing whenever we were in the room together (that flared nostrils thing) and sometimes had to leave. That was besides the double entendres, breast rubbing (accidental of course) etc, etc. That sucked because she was supposed to be working as the dental assistant. And, yep, she was married too!

For the young guy, my advice would be to simply presume any such signs are signs of interest and wear yourself out growing them. If something comes of it, it does. If not, not. Either way, you'll sleep good at night. Tired is good.

• Author
Ha, I clicked one too many times on 'next', identifying those signs of interest, and the next page was an article on bi-polar disorder :D

Yes, IME, such signs were an indication of something and, over many, many iterations, I came to understand it was a sign of being *married*. That still goes on today, though I simply enjoy it as harmless fun.

I remember one young lady had whatever 'it' was so bad that she started sneezing whenever we were in the room together (that flared nostrils thing) and sometimes had to leave. That was besides the double entendres, breast rubbing (accidental of course) etc, etc. That sucked because she was supposed to be working as the dental assistant. And, yep, she was married too!

For the young guy, my advice would be to simply presume any such signs are signs of interest and wear yourself out growing them. If something comes of it, it does. If not, not. Either way, you'll sleep good at night. Tired is good.

Well in this case of my gym crush she only shows the eye contact. But that's it. Never comes near me to touch me accidentally or anything like that. The other day though I remember she was walking near my area & stopped right in clear view of me & she had her back towards me. Than right as I glanced at her she turned around & looked right at me for like 2-3 seconds, but right after walked away kinda quick lol. Just found that odd. Either she thinks I'm a creep or she was anxious that I was looking at her.

Well in this case of my gym crush she only shows the eye contact. But that's it. Never comes near me to touch me accidentally or anything like that. .

You are interested and lets say, she is interested as well. Do you think she has done more than you to try to get something going?

I realize she hasn't overtly done anything and most women never will, so don't count on it.

I mean, what have you done to show her you're interested as well? Seriously, just smile at her and say "hi".

• Author
You are interested and lets say, she is interested as well. Do you think she has done more than you to try to get something going?

I realize she hasn't overtly done anything and most women never will, so don't count on it.

I mean, what have you done to show her you're interested as well? Seriously, just smile at her and say "hi".

But why hasn't she ever smiled at me if she had any interest? I take that as her likely having a boyfriend/husband already & just likes to sometimes look at me because she finds me either attractive or thinks I'm creepy for looking at her lol. I'm pretty positive she knows I look at her, since as she was leaving the other day she looked right in my direction from a far distance. Can't be 100% sure though. I just feel like an idiot though since I'm probably over thinking this entirely due to how attracted I am to her.

So there's this woman at my gym that seems to glance at me. I'm not sure if it happens every single time I'm there but I happen to notice it quite a bit. For instance a few days ago I seen her doing it twice. And tonight as I was in between sets of an exercise she walked by & had her back towards me looking at her phone or something. Than she turned around & looked at me for like 2-3 seconds than walked away really quick right after to go do an exercise.

Well, this is what you don't do..

The Gym, you have to be extremely careful because it's a place you go often through week and you don't want to be in some awkward situation. However, if she looked at you, smiled, then this is not the time to be approaching aggressively.

Instead, you know she goes to this gym. So be patient. You know you will see her again. So keep going to see if this happens again, and again. Then if she does, ok, approach but don't be aggressive, just strike a conversation and don't talk about yourself, job, or anything to impress her with some status. As this will raise red flag in her mind that you're too intimidating, desperate and lack confidence.

Keep it light hearted, fun, not serious tone. She asks anything about you, change subject, it's a test to see if you boast like most men.

So be patient. No rush.

I have no idea if glancing is a sign of interest.

There's a few guys that glance/stare at me as they walk past my desk at work...some even hit my desk with their hand or fingers as they walk by....er? Why?

I assume my skirt must be tucked in my knickers or that I have toilet paper stick to my shoe..

• Like 1
  • Author
Well, this is what you don't do..

The Gym, you have to be extremely careful because it's a place you go often through week and you don't want to be in some awkward situation. However, if she looked at you, smiled, then this is not the time to be approaching aggressively.

Instead, you know she goes to this gym. So be patient. You know you will see her again. So keep going to see if this happens again, and again. Then if she does, ok, approach but don't be aggressive, just strike a conversation and don't talk about yourself, job, or anything to impress her with some status. As this will raise red flag in her mind that you're too intimidating, desperate and lack confidence.

Keep it light hearted, fun, not serious tone. She asks anything about you, change subject, it's a test to see if you boast like most men.

So be patient. No rush.

Yeah, that's what I mean. I've always heard the gym isn't the place to try to pick up women. Since you'll likely have to still see them around afterwards if you get turned down. It would just be really awkward crossing paths with them afterwards. I still think I'm completely over thinking this anyway, but I I'll see if she still keeps looking at me or not.

• Author
I have no idea if glancing is a sign of interest.

There's a few guys that glance/stare at me as they walk past my desk at work...some even hit my desk with their hand or fingers as they walk by....er? Why?

I assume my skirt must be tucked in my knickers or that I have toilet paper stick to my shoe..

Is it the same guys every time that do it?

Is it the same guys every time that do it?

Yes. four of them.

Two are married, one was single for a few years but as far as I know now has a gf now/ I have no idea about the other guy as he is too new and I have barely spoken to him.

• Author
Yes. four of them.

Two are married, one was single for a few years but as far as I know now has a gf now/ I have no idea about the other guy as he is too new and I have barely spoken to him.

If it happens all the time, than they probably all find you attractive at the least. And how about you give the new guy a nice big smile. :D

I'm sure he'd appreciate it, and would maybe even chat with you if you did that. That's if you find him attractive anyway.

Yes. four of them.

I think you need to get a chair and a Ipod with some speakers. And when they look at you, press play and do this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibmcR-pk92g

The one who is still standing, laughing, and walks up to you and thinks you're cool is the one who is very interested in you. Grab his hand and walk away together. Sorted.

I think you need to get a chair and a Ipod with some speakers. And when they look at you, press play and do this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibmcR-pk92g

The one who is still standing, laughing, and walks up to you and thinks you're cool is the one who is very interested in you. Grab his hand and walk away together. Sorted.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! :laugh:

That's hilarious!

I need to start practicing some moves...

• 1 month later...
  • Author

Old thread I know, but I think this woman has a boyfriend/husband. Seen her walk in with some guy a few weeks ago again. But I still notice that she glances at me from time to time. It can't all just be a coincidence that she looks my way at times, she at the very least must find me attractive a bit. I doubt it's all just in my head, but maybe it is I don't know. When I passed her yesterday as she was doing an exercise I'm positive she was looking at me as I was walking by. I'd never say anything to her now though knowing it's likely she has a boyfriend/husband though.