How long did it take for it to feel better for you

This is what I try to keep reminding myself. He could leave if he wanted to. He could walk away and start a life with me today if he wanted. But he hasn't, in more than two years he hasn't. There are no more excuses; it just comes down to the fact that he doesn't want to rock the boat at home and I have always been there for him.

Last night we had a huge argument about him leaving. He told me he was sorry he couldn't meet "my timeline." He said he was having trouble at work and couldn't handle a divorce right now. Is there ever a good time for a divorce? It's an excuse. Just another excuse. He refuses to ask me to wait; he says it's not fair to ask that of me. And I know it's not fair but I almost wish he would. It would make me feel wanted. But he doesn't ask, doesn't say "give me six months" or "give me a year."

I am still so lost. I know I should block his number and ask him to leave his key but I am floundering. I'm lonely and somehow still desperately hoping he will have an epiphany and decide he wants to be with me.

I feel like a shadow of my former self. I feel like I am suffocating under the weight of his rejection. It's absolutely paralyzing and awful.

Drop this dude. Two years and he can't make a decision? Get on with your life ASAP.

• Like 1