So why is it that good looking people get treated better than others?

Is it because society as a whole is just shallow?

There is the opposite to this too. And I don't mean "ugly" people get treated badly. I'm talking about jealousy. Haters gonna hate.

"Good looking", by definition is desirable. Unless you're a hater.

I heard the opposite on my podcast today - which is:

A guy classifies women from 1 to 5.

1 - Ugly

2 - Ok

3 - Cute

4 - Pretty

5 - Beautiful

He said most guys go for #3s cuz she's not ugly, but approachable; and, #4s have their pick from guys to date; and, #5s are intimidating and/or out of most guy's league.... :rolleyes:

Personally, I avoid women that are out of my league looks-wise. What good will come from it? Eventually, the woman will realize her worth and will want to move up. Then, I'll have wasted my time and will have hurt feelings to boot.

I'll stay in my league, thank you very much.

Probably. I try not to but I'm pretty sure that I do.

I think it's only natural. Like why babies and puppies and kittens are so cute. If they weren't they wouldn't get the attention from their mothers to be taken care of.

I think it's how we're programmed.

Yes it is just part of how our species survives, attractiveness = good genes. It's in our genetic makeup, totally a natural occurrence. The term "shallow" was invented by fat ugly people to be used as an excuse to dismiss why attractive get treated better.

• Like 2
Yes it is just part of how our species survives, attractiveness = good genes. It's in our genetic makeup, totally a natural occurrence. The term "shallow" was invented by fat ugly people to be used as an excuse to dismiss why attractive get treated better.

Actually, our species has survived through intelligence, not attractiveness.

• Author
There's a girl in my office who is incredibly good looking but has a really ugly personality. I wouldn't want her as my friend.

I'm sure all the guys treat her like a Goddess though.

Reminds me of something labelled the "Halo effect", whereby men and women who embody multiple symmetrical proportions and spacings according to the golden ratio of 1:1618 tend to be seen in a better light than others. The closer you are to that ratio apparently, the better you will be treated. According to the theory anyway. I do think there's an element of accuracy in it.

intelligence couldn't have been possible without the instinct for good genetic selection.

Sure. But "good selection" doesn't necessarily equate to attractiveness.

Like Randy Quaid said about Vanessa Angel in the movie Kingpin: "with those narrow hips, the girl couldn't have more than six or seven children".

There's a girl in my office who is incredibly good looking but has a really ugly personality. I wouldn't want her as my friend.

I'm sure all the guys treat her like a Goddess though.

There's a girl at my work who's exactly the same. Stunning. A 9 for sure. But a horrible nasty bitch.

Half the men can't stand her and will outright say she's an ugly person, the other half seem to trip over themselves just for the opportunity to be treated like dirt by her.

She's currently ****ing the manager. Got a raise and promotion. She has no idea what she's doing in her new position, lol.

• Author
There's a girl at my work who's exactly the same. Stunning. A 9 for sure. But a horrible nasty bitch.

Half the men can't stand her and will outright say she's an ugly person, the other half seem to trip over themselves just for the opportunity to be treated like dirt by her.

She's currently ****ing the manager. Got a raise and promotion. She has no idea what she's doing in her new position, lol.

lol The place you work at sounds ****ing insane. I remember you said you got harassed & nothing was even done about it. Now you mention this about this nasty sounding bitch. Are they in a relationship, or is it something that's kept "under wraps" but everyone knows about it somehow? My guess is that she has a boyfriend/husband but is cheating on him lol.

lol The place you work at sounds ****ing insane. I remember you said you got harassed & nothing was even done about it. Now you mention this about this nasty sounding bitch. Are they dating, or is it something that's kept "under wraps" but everyone knows about it somehow?

Yeah, the HR here sucks. Dude grabbed my boob and didn't get fired. Had to keep working with him. He finally left to work somewhere else.

The girl and my manager are "under wraps" but everyone knows. They're painfully obvious.

That is just how our society looks. Cold blooded murderers get love letters if they are good looking enough.

• Like 1
  • Author
Yeah, the HR here sucks. Dude grabbed my boob and didn't get fired. Had to keep working with him. He finally left to work somewhere else.

The girl and my manager are "under wraps" but everyone knows. They're painfully obvious.

Well that sucks. I assume your in retail since usually HR sucks bad in retail. At least it was for me in my case at my former job.

• Author
That is just how our society looks. Cold blooded murderers get love letters if they are good looking enough.

That recent inmate with the blue eyes & all the tattoos proves it. There were literally thousands of women posting on social media that they want to get ****ed by him. And he's a violent criminal lol.

That recent inmate with the blue eyes & all the tattoos proves it. There were literally thousands of women posting on social media that they want to get ****ed by him. And he's a violent criminal lol.

He has into petty stuff so I understand it but there were women obsessed with Ted Bundy who brutally murdered women. Men aren't any better either. Jodi Arias probably gets love letters and I know women who play men for sport and the guys coming back. Some people have no brains at all when it comes to attraction. I am not one of them so I don't understand it.

I thought that dude was ugly... :sick: looked like he was on meth

• Like 2
  • Author
He has into petty stuff so I understand it but there were women obsessed with Ted Bundy who brutally murdered women. Men aren't any better either. Jodi Arias probably gets love letters and I know women who play men for sport and the guys coming back. Some people have no brains at all when it comes to attraction. I am not one of them so I don't understand it.

Yeah, I don't understand who would want to be with a psychopath or sociopath. I guess if some are willing to go that low, than there should be hope for us in finding someone right.....? All I want is a nice attractive loyal woman with a good personality. Seems it's rare to find someone with all those qualities today.

Yeah, I don't understand who would want to be with a psychopath or sociopath. I guess if some are willing to go that low, than there should be hope for us in finding someone right.....? All I want is a nice, good looking, loyal woman with a good personality. Seems it's rare to find someone with all those qualities today.

I think to some people being a sociopath actually makes them more attractive. The qualities you want in a woman are increasingly rare. If you value those things it's like you are a dinosaur these days.

• Author
I think to some people being a sociopath actually makes them more attractive. The qualities you want in a woman are increasingly rare. If you value those things it's like you are a dinosaur these days.

I know it is. Having those 4 qualities together seems almost impossible to find in someone these days. And sociopaths have the superficial charm & confidence to get the women. It's only later when they find out how crazy the guy is. OJ Simpson is a perfect example, even his former lawyer said he's a sociopath.

Most of them were virgins. They were all the awkward, odd, nerdy guy.

Commendable! You're one in a million. Hope you find one that's just right for you.