Why guys stare, but not approach

That's just it, most women don't make eye contact with me in public anyway, but...I still attempt to strike up a conversation.

Why? Just because she is not making eye contact with you doesn't MEAN she's not interested in you approaching.

There may be no meaning to the lack of eye contact.

And how's that working out for you irc?

• Like 8
JuneJulySeptember
That's just it, most women don't make eye contact with me in public anyway, but...I still attempt to strike up a conversation.

Why? Just because she is not making eye contact with you doesn't MEAN she's not interested in you approaching.

And making eye contact and/or smiling at you does NOT necessarily mean she has any interest whatsoever. I can attest to that.

Just approach. Have your own style and stick with it, like the guys in the vid. Every woman on Earth has her own damn set of rules anyway.

Have you had sex? Have you ever gotten a woman to like you? If so, then carry on.

I don't even understand how you approach without eye contact. How do they know you are talking to them?

• Like 8

And making eye contact and/or smiling at you does NOT necessarily mean she has any interest whatsoever. I can attest to that.

Just approach. Have your own style and stick with it, like the guys in the vid. Every woman on Earth has her own damn set of rules anyway.

Have you had sex? Have you ever gotten a woman to like you? If so, then carry on.

Oh man :( you guys have got some fundamentals to learn.

• Like 1
So what's the alternative if you get no eye contact or signs? Just never meet women?

Well let me pose the same question to you- how is approaching women who give you no eye contact or signs working out?

Rejected Rosebud

I'm pretty sure that no eye contact means that the person is not open to conversing with anybody at that time.

When you talk to women who are not looking at you - how does that work?

• Like 1
A lot of it is also cultural and from their background.

Go to Walnut Creek, CA

I've been !!!

JuneJulySeptember
I'm pretty sure that no eye contact means that the person is not open to conversing with anybody at that time.

When you talk to women who are not looking at you - how does that work?

He's not serious. He's screwing with all of you. It's the internet.

Do you really think men (or at least a significant portion of men as in 100+ in 10 hours) are so dense that they think they have a chance with a woman who won't even stop or look them in the eye?

The guys in the vid do that to women like motorcyclists wave to each other.

Actually, its really no different. I've heard women state they really don't want to be bothered in any fashion by strange men when running errands, taking care of shopping, the gym, etc.

No different really. That's why I do the Meetups, at least you have a REASON to approach. ;-)

A man shouting "nice ass mami!" Out a car window at me, is very different from someone politely approaching me and chatting with me.

I don't want to be catcalled, but I would love it if men actually approached me every now and then.

• Like 1
JuneJulySeptember
A man shouting "nice ass mami!" Out a car window at me, is very different from someone politely approaching me and chatting with me.

I don't want to be catcalled, but I would love it if men actually approached me every now and then.

It's still a compliment though.

Having 100+ members of the opposite sex think you are attractive in less than half a day.

Wow. That just blows my mind.

Well let me pose the same question to you- how is approaching women who give you no eye contact or signs working out?

I don't ever approach women because of that reason and it's gotten me nowhere

So, I'm curious. Have any of them spoken back to you? Have any of them grabbed their grocery cart and rushed away?

What do you use for a topic of conversation with someone who's not looking at you? 'Excuse me, your panties are showing'?

This post was inspired by the"Guys that stare but don't approach me!" thread.

There are quite a few threads like this on here, but this recent viral video of a woman walking through New York for 10 hours and being "harassed" by men with "cat calling".

I'm sure you've all seen this

. A staged actress with a hidden camera walking down the most questionable of neighborhoods. When I watched this video, the "cat calling" was hardly sexual by most who said, "Hey, beautiful!" or some where simply saying, "Hey, what's up?" or "How's it going?"

There is a big major back and forth controversy going on online, including "Saurday Night Live's" Michael Che who regretted poking fun at the woman in the video.

A stink was being made just because they were greeting her or introducing themselves?

The thing is, this likely the answer to the aforementioned, "Men stare but don't approach". These are the guys not doing the "catcalling" only because they don't want to be viewed as "disrespectful" and just keep their clams shut, but yet these women come on here and complain about men "looking but not approaching"?

Rather a Catch 22. Yes? And this is no different than Ashley S' complaint. She's in a bar, a public place with strangers. Not much different than outside.

Proof that women don't like being approached. Why would they? In addition to the options they have in real life, all they have to do is go online and will have many options to choose from. All of their options will be better looking than you or I.

There is absolutely no reason to cold approach women these days.

• Author
So, I'm curious. Have any of them spoken back to you? Have any of them grabbed their grocery cart and rushed away?

What do you use for a topic of conversation with someone who's not looking at you? 'Excuse me, your panties are showing'?

I rarely do it but I recall a rare time during the Holidays as that makes for a great ice breaker because you're at a mall or somewhere and it's an excuse to bring up some Holiday conversation.

Anyhow, this is just an example and no they don't RUSH away. lol I was waiting in line for a coffee I had ordered. I stepped to the side as I waited so the lady behind me would place the order. Apparently she ordered a flavor that I was unfamiliar with. Also, obviously both coffee drinkers, yet another reason to break the ice.

We were both waiting for our order, and it was rather quiet so I asked about the kind of flavor she ordered and asked her how was it as I've never had that flavor before.

"Fine" she said. I asked her if she was ready for the holidays, get Christmas shopping done...something along those lines. "No, still working on it" but she was very short with me, picked up her order and left.

I think its geography, because I live in a town if people don't know you, they aren't much for making NEW friends or whomever. Some are pretty entrenched with the people they grew up with at the local churches and high schools. Their idea of a Fri. night out is seeing a high school football game. LOL

That's how I came across Meetup. Best thing since sliced bread! LOL The women there are pretty much open to talking with you because they are there to socialize. :)

Having 100+ members of the opposite sex think you are attractive in less than half a day.

Wow. That just blows my mind.

Blows my mind too. Doesn't seem real. 100 in a day.

I haven't had even a tenth of that number show interest in me in my entire life, let alone a day :eek:

• Like 1

I get this kind of thing,nowhere near 100 in a day (3 times a week where I live) but London can be pretty bad. 10-15 times in one day in London and I'm way older than she is.

What strikes me is she looks great! She should be able to look that way and walk along a street with no hassle though. It's not like her cleavage is busting out and her skirt is flashing bare legs and bum cheeks.

I would not go out in a well populated area wearing clothes that fit me/show my shape. To me that is doomed to problems!

I don't flash skin as that is beyond comfy and would be way worse.

It's bad enough when I get this kind of stuff and I am in scruffy jeans and a baggy jumper! Often it happens more ....why?

Blows my mind too. Doesn't seem real. 100 in a day.

I haven't had even a tenth of that number show interest in me in my entire life, let alone a day :eek:

I don't think it is real most of the time. I don't mean to be mean but I have noticed when hearing a woman complain about getting astronomical amounts of attention she tends to be on the less attractive end of the spectrum. Probably more an excuse to brag than anything else. Not that every woman doesn't have a few real stories of guys being creepy of course.

• Like 1
Not that every woman doesn't have a few real stories of guys being creepy of course.

Exactly. I have 2 examples of catcalling happening to me. Rare, but it's happened.

Nor was it flattering. It was scary. Especially since in both cases the guys looked like they were in a gang, or on meth, or both. In one case, I ignored the group of men shouting at me, and as I got in my truck they started threatening me, calling me a bitch. I thought I was gonna get attacked. In the other instance, I was afraid I was about to get pulled into the vehicle.

Nothing flattering about men wanting to attack, kidnap, or assault me.

• Like 1

It's bad enough when I get this kind of stuff and I am in scruffy jeans and a baggy jumper! Often it happens more ....why?

Those are the men who are looking for a brooding mare?

I jest, I jest. I'm sure you rock the look. ;)

CrystalCastles

No it isn't. Compliments make you feel good. Catcalling makes you feel like a piece of meat.

No it isn't. Compliments make you feel good. Catcalling makes you feel like a piece of meat.

Catcalls are sort of like telling a rich guy you noticed he's rich and you want him to give you his money. Just the money, please. Not interested in you beyond wanting your money. But man, what I wouldn't do with your money! That is some FINE money, mmm-mmm. Wanna clutch that MONEY!

:laugh:

• Like 1
JuneJulySeptember

I don't do it. I've never done it my life.

Would I love it if a woman catcalled me?

HELL YES!

Do I understand where you are coming from? Yes.

Do you understand where I am coming from?

Now, do you understand?

JuneJulySeptember
Catcalls are sort of like telling a rich guy you noticed he's rich and you want him to give you his money. Just the money, please. Not interested in you beyond wanting your money. But man, what I wouldn't do with your money! That is some FINE money, mmm-mmm. Wanna clutch that MONEY!

:laugh:

Would you rather be ugly and get no attention?

I mean, I know what your answer will be. There can never be no tradeoffs. I do understand why women hate catcalls, but at the same time, it affords them the ability to get the men they want.

Edited by JuneJulySeptember