Dude, your breath KILLS

blind_otter

Go to WalMart, BUY him a quart of Fresh Burst Listerine (sometimes we have to invest in our friends), and instruct him to gargle with it and swish it around his mouth for at least 30 seconds, daily, every morning when he gets up after brushing his teeth. Problem solved.

Not at all. If he's got gum disease, no amount of Listerine will fix it. The answer is to get to a dentist and get whatever's wrong fixed. Or find out if it's medical and get that fixed. Gum disease has even been linked with heart disease, for heaven's sakes. It's important stuff.

I agree.. but you've also got the matter of money and health insurance to think of. I think he's just saying to try Listerine first..

WithOrWithoutYou
Originally posted by erika2610

I agree.. but you've also got the matter of money and health insurance to think of. I think he's just saying to try Listerine first..

Exactly :)

The question was about the original poster's friend being upset he can't get a GF, and the OP's thought that it might be his horrible breath. The Listerine will help (probably eliminate) that problem, gum disease or not. I agree though, if the bad breath is a symptom of gum disease, he should also get that fixed at a dentist. The Listerine would only solve the problem if it is just simply bad breath, or if he is only brushing his teeth at night instead of in the morning, etc. etc. ;)

• Author
blind_otter
Originally posted by moimeme

Not at all. If he's got gum disease, no amount of Listerine will fix it. The answer is to get to a dentist and get whatever's wrong fixed. Or find out if it's medical and get that fixed. Gum disease has even been linked with heart disease, for heaven's sakes. It's important stuff.

I went without seeing my neurologist for like a year...even though I have epilepsy and need medication...because it costs SO much money to get my script filled and see the neurologist on a monthly basis and get the lab tests all the time. Canada is cool because you can get basic healthcare...here it costs so much money it's obscene. I really need to get my wisdom teeth out, but I have to save up $$ to do it.

Canada is cool because you can get basic healthcare...here it costs so much money it's obscene

I feel so bad for you guys. Sure, we pay more taxes, but the amount we pay more in taxes more than makes up for what we would have to pay for medical otherwise. I hope someday your government wakes up and implements a better healthcare system.

Canada is cool because you can get basic healthcare

It's not basic healthcare, it's healthcare period. :) If it's to do with a medical condition affecting your health, it is covered in Canada. If you want hair transplants or new boobies then I think you are on your own.

• Author
blind_otter
Originally posted by Craig

It's not basic healthcare, it's healthcare period. :) If it's to do with a medical condition affecting your health, it is covered in Canada. If you want hair transplants or new boobies then I think you are on your own.

What about organ transplants in general? I thought they were at a premium anyways.

Organ transplants are free. If it's medically necessary, it's free. If it's 'elective', like bosoms or facelifts, you pay.

Re: Free Healthcare in Canada -

So what is the process for an American to apply for Canadian citizenship??? I am now interested in doing that...

WithOrWithoutYou
Originally posted by Fun2BMe

Re: Free Healthcare in Canada -

So what is the process for an American to apply for Canadian citizenship??? I am now interested in doing that...

Really? I do not know the answer to that question, but I do know from some of my Canadian friends who live part of the year where I do, that it involves living 6 months + 1 day in Canada (to maintain Canadian residency, which is a requirement for the free healthcare - it's not just citizenship ;)). This pisses them off, because they prefer living here in United States, but they do it to not lose the health care. :p

WithOrWithoutYou - "This pisses them off, because they prefer living here in United States, but they do it to not lose the health care."

Don't get pissed off at me, but that's why I want to do it too!!! :p

• 2 weeks later...

may or may not help at all...but if $$$ is an issue, dental schools charge much lower fees to allow their students to get experience. If one's near your friend, worth a shot.