OkCupid experiment - From a girl's point of view

You see I don't agree with this - I think the girl has to come to you.

I suppose it depends on your personality, looks and rapport with the girl but I don't think it's up to the guy to chase.

If you're interested and you think she's interested then give it a shot but NEVER make it a rule that as a man you have to chase, because you should also let the girls come to you and chase you.

Well like it or not, it just about is a rule bud.

I mean, you can wait for women to come to you, and see what the results are like.

Or you can be assertive and go after what you want.

I'm sure your results will be drastically different between the two.

Better yet, create a poll and see which options women prefer. Youll get the idea.

• Like 2
Found a Business Insider article (dated from July last year) on some statistics concerning online dating. The article refers to Are You Interested website, but I'm sure you can get similar information for various dating sites.

I want to point out a part about the article to emphasize that online dating for men is a numbers game.

The article only mentions getting a response. Getting a date is probably even worse.

114 messages? Oh hell naw.

I'm copying and pasting at that point.:lmao:

• Like 2
My personal results were that effort was not needed with OLD. Pics were 100% of the issue.

Yes, because your objective was to get laid. But if you want a relationship it's an entirely different ball game.

The problem is, not everyone takes great looking pics. Maybe they aren't a great looking guy.

This is totally false. The vast majority of guys are not ugly, they are merely average looking (myself included). Any guy looks bad if he's scowling into a bathroom mirror with a bad quality, dark cellphone blocking half his face. But get the same guy into the local park with natural lighting, in a nice shirt, smiling, and ask someone else to take the pic... it can do wonders. I've heard every excuse in the book for having BAD photos, but every time the guy puts in the effort to get better ones, he looks a hell of a lot better for it. "Not great looking" does not matter if you have good quality, interesting, expressive pics. I should know :p

What constitutes an OLD expert? Is that a new degree? I was able to get laid easy enough using OLD, does that make me an expert?

Experience and success. Yours makes you an expert at getting laid using OLD sites. But your knowledge about how to get a relationship from them, seems terribly lacking.

It's only a rule because you make it one, which is why girls probably never come to you.

It's not about being unassertive - it's about having some expectations as to the amount of effort she should put in.

We can all have all sorts of expectations towards others, then sit at home contemplating why no-one cares.

The world is your oyster if you take control, go out and get what you want. If you sit on your backside and expect others to come to you, you might be in for a long wait.

• Like 2
It's only a rule because you make it one, which is why girls probably never come to you.

It's not about being unassertive - it's about having some expectations as to the amount of effort she should put in.

Again, you don't have to approach anyone.

I'm saying most women prefer the man to approach first. That's something practically ingrained in their DNA. It makes them feel feminine when the man does.

You can have all the expectations of effort on her part if you want, but when it comes to the approaching, women simply prefer the man to do so. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Again, you don't have to approach anyone.

I'm saying most women prefer the man to approach first. That's something practically ingrained in their DNA. It makes them feel feminine when the man does.

You can have all the expectations of effort on her part if you want, but when it comes to the approaching, women simply prefer the man to do so. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Fell feminine my rear end. More like feel attractive.

your good experiences do not render the negative experiences of many others to be meaningless.

And your negative experiences do not render the positive experiences of many to be meaningless.

Everyone that I've heard of who failed at OLD, was very bad at it. They didn't know how to use the tools they had at their fingertips, to get the results they desired. And rather than learning from someone who has successfully used the tools, they prefer to rant and rave about how rubbish it is.

Just my experience :)

My Indian friend showed me an indian matrimony website. The girls on there required a minimum education level of Master's degree and many listed a requirement of one million dollars in assets. LOL.

To you single guys: put down the electronic devices and go to a bar tonight. You probably won't get laid or get digits but at least there's alcohol.

These forums are also full of guys posting threads about failing at OLD

Of course they are. People post here when they have problems. Not when they are happy.

I know loads of people who've got happy relationships from OLD (myself included). I guess your mates are all taking profile advice from the wrong crowd :)