I have a crush on my professor

Caskette

Acrosstheunivese has nailed it.;-

In your situation I would actually encourage you to be the one to take charge in this situation and STOP texting him about non-work issues. Just put an end to it, remain professional. You are at university, not primary school, see this as an exercise in professional behaviour however difficult it may be to follow through.

Agree with this ^^^ 110%.

remain professional......... see this as an exercise in professional behaviour

bolded for emphasis.

When you get into the work environment this may well happen there. You'll get senior men at the company hitting on you and trying to get into your pants.

So practice being that professional person you want to be, so you will get respect, promotion, and kudos in your future career. Don't be that silly ditzy girl who has her head turned by a older, senior man.

University isn't just about "book-learning" and "grades" it's about training for life, so start NOW making healthy behavioural choices.

Good luck, and focus on your future.

• Like 2
  • Author
It generally wouldn't be appropriate for somebody to text you about personal issues as he is doing, don't be fooled for a second: he will be able to tell how impressionable you are and that you're in awe of him.

You don't want anything to happen between you, trust me. If you feel about him the way you do, then anything less than a full blown relationship would probably hurt and leave you feeling used. I mean really, genuinely think hard about the possible ramifications. Is it worth risking your education over? In most universities it would be the tutor at fault and not the student, but it still doesn't look good and it risks jeopardizing your grades, maybe even those of the rest of class if he ends up suspended pending an investigation.

In your situation I would actually encourage you to be the one to take charge in this situation and STOP texting him about non-work issues. Just put an end to it, remain professional. You are at university, not primary school, see this as an exercise in professional behaviour however difficult it may be to follow through. Ironically it may make him chase you even harder if it turns out he is after getting into your pants, but that's not the point. Don't make a big deal over it, just stop replying so quick, and don't reply to anything unrelated to work. Do you think you could do that?

The fact you're getting a rush when you see his name on your phone means you're in too deep already and need to get out, it's not healthy to have such a deep crush on someone unattainable, and if it is attainable then like people have mentioned, it's a whole huge other can of worms. I would be surprised too if he hadn't crossed the line with other students before, or currently, too.

Like I say, I have had three separate professors cross the line with me, or try to. The first, it was only with me (the one I ended up in a semi-relationship with, and still speak to very frankly), but the other two, well they kinda tried it on with a handful of students each year, hoping one would bite. Admittedly, both were careful not to try actually set up dates etc. until the classes were over, but the third guy would do inappropriate stuff like send me a facebook message to notify me of my grades rather than let me know via the appropriate channels. Everybody knew his reputation so even if anyone had have been interested it's unlikely anyone would have gone there, as it would have been seen with such derision by the rest of the class!

@Bold :You're absolutely right, It's just the fact that it's all so new and quite exciting and he is one of those guys to actually give a detailed description about his whereabouts and life and that gets me all psyched. But one really doesn't know whats on his mind and obviously how he has been with other students.

Truth be told, I realized I sort of liked the nervousness I had before that kept me on my professional toes but now it's like I am less awed by the professor he is and more interested in the the type of guy he is.

Anyway, Thanks a ton for your response, It really cleared my head and yes, I will have to put an end to it by replying professionally without knowing what was on his head anyway.

Thankyou:)

• Author
Acrosstheunivese has nailed it.;-

Agree with this ^^^ 110%.

remain professional......... see this as an exercise in professional behaviour

bolded for emphasis.

When you get into the work environment this may well happen there. You'll get senior men at the company hitting on you and trying to get into your pants.

So practice being that professional person you want to be, so you will get respect, promotion, and kudos in your future career. Don't be that silly ditzy girl who has her head turned by a older, senior man.

University isn't just about "book-learning" and "grades" it's about training for life, so start NOW making healthy behavioural choices.

Good luck, and focus on your future.

Absolutely! very very well said! Thanks a ton! Shall keep in mind:)

• Like 1
  • Author
No, generally it's not okay for professors to engage in this level of contact with students. My father has been in academics for more than 40 years, and I have been in the same environment for almost 10. In most institutions, it would be considered a serious breach of conduct. And I have a feeling if he's comfortable enough to do so with you, he's very likely done so with other girls before.

You have a point, one never really knows.

Thanks for your response.

For some people, it's a rush...to say they are banging the prof., and there are those who do it for the good grades. In a workplace, it doesn't take time for rumours to spread, and once HR gets wind of it.....

Are any of the guys your age interested in dating you at your school? It always make me wonder when I see threads like this.

Are any of the guys your age interested in dating you at your school? It always make me wonder when I see threads like this.

Yeah I know a girl whose "seeing" one of her Ex professors now too shes hoping for a relashionship with this man its clear hes not and he knows exactly how to play her and what to say to get into her pants hes told her hes slept with his students before imo its sick and taking advantage of younger maybe not as life wise women or ones with low self easteam..