Girl playing hard to get. Suggestions???

Physx7

Folks, this is an anonymous public forum and non-established members do not have access to our PM system so a few postings were deleted and a couple members were moderated. Discuss the topic publicly, here anyway. Thanks!

• Author
Hopefully that doesn't turn out to be a missed chance for you....You should have made the move, and even if it was a BJ, you still came out tops

Well, my concern is with how she was talking about it and acting, I figured if I did push for it, she may lose respect for me the next day or at the very least, be so embarrassed about compromising her own values that I wouldn't see her again. So, I was at a toss up of going for what could have been a one-night stand, or having her respect me to the point where she would come back again and again. Clearly, my decision was a bad call and I should've made more of an effort when I had the chance.

• Author
You dodged a bullet from the way she reacted. Whew!

Tell me about it. It may have been because her roommate (the one I contacted) was there too, so she was trying to save face in front of her. I'm not sure if that was the case, if she was hoping to try to save face with me, or what her deal was, but regardless, it showed she clearly isn't the type of person I want.

Hey Physx7,

I just signed up for this forum and I saw your post which prompted me to give you my view on your situation, hoping that it will help you with this girl or with another girl.

Even if you’re not into this girl anymore or she has completely lost interest in you, you will this useful I hope.

Girls on dating sites get many guys contacting them and most likely play the field before settling on one guy. Whilst she might have sent signs that she liked you after the first date that’s not enough to have conquered her.

Many guys make a few mistakes when it comes down to dating and texting girls. I could hear you saying that you guys are communicating over text and that she would sometimes reply and sometimes she would not. This could have something to do with what, when and how you are texting her.

Here’s a quick overview of the most common texting mistakes guys make and the main reason why girls that initially seemed interested become flaky:

Mistake #1 – Confusing responses for attraction: Often when a guy is getting a response from a girl, he believes that he’s getting closer to getting her on a date or seducing her. The exact opposite is true.

Mistake #2 – Not Conveying Fun: When you send boring texts that don’t display any personality or don’t elicit any emotions in her, in her mind you’re not worth the trouble of meeting up with.

Mistake #3 – Not having a texting style: You need to stand out because you’re probably not the only one texting her, so your texts need to display your unique style and personality.

Mistake #4 – Having long text conversations: The longer the conversation the more chances to mess things up or run into awkward confusion. Texting should be cool, short and informal.

Mistake #5 – Going for the meet up without sparking emotion: You must engage a woman on an emotional level first. It’s much easier to get a “yes” once you have sparked a positive emotion.

Mistake #6 – Becoming too predictable: You never want to fall into predictable patterns, using the same jokes, same questions and texts over and over.

Mistake #7 – Thinking she’s different: The minute you tell yourself she’s different you are on the road to losing her.

I suggest you check out this great blog post Why she won't text back | Date Academy which gives a bit more guidance on this.

I hope this was useful to you, now or in the future.

Best of luck!

• Like 1
Well, nevermind. Just found out she went onto her dating profile again earlier today. Doesn't have time for me, yet has time for her profile, so I'm done there. Not worth the bother.

Sorry about that.

However, because something similar may happen in the future with other women I want to caution you against contacting these women on the dating site to "call them" on the fact that they have time to log on but don't have the time or courtesy to call you back. It's avoidance non confrontational way to fade from somebody's life. Many people for whatever reason don't have the words to say no thank you I don't think we're compatible or they are afraid the other person will try to talk them into one more date & they don't want to directly hurt someone's feelings or worse have that person yell at them. If you see this behavior just move on. Confronting them makes you seem aggressive & makes you more unattractive. Their behavior isn't ideal but it's simply a passive way to move on; the whole point is they are trying to avoid conflict so to have you throw confrontation at them simply cements in their mind the decision to avoid you.

• Like 1