Turn off if a man is not fighting for his life?

Well, than yeah I could see that being a problem. That's a ****load of soda to drink every week. Just because it's diet doesn't exactly make it good for you. There's still chemicals in it that aren't good for the body. Why not try to cut your intake in half & have soda 3x a week at most, and the rest of the time sticking with water. I have diet coke 2 or 3 times a week, but usually in the amount of 1 can for each day I do have it.

Exactly....

I still drink soda, not every day though....AND, I drink the mini cans of soda. Yeah, sometimes I'll have a full can of soda, but have not even gotten close to finishing one of those 16 oz of sodas. I used to drink soda like that when I was not even a tween....When you get older, you can't keep on putting garbage like that in your body.

Well I certainly don't want to get married. The best way to deal with a crush is to pretend that you don't like them.

You're serious, right?

What "eye of the storm" and others are trying to tell you applies regardless of whether you are looking to marry or just have companionship with someone.

Everyone's point is that you have to make a move. All this "she knows cuz I act a certain way" is gonna last for how long?

Actually, when you think about, by her asking your for coffee, she probably is acting on the AMBIGUOUS signals you send out...but, instead of you grabbing the rope she threw, you stay there flailing in the water arguing that she's just throwing a rope cuz she feels sorry for you.

I gotta question....this "pretend you don't like a crush thing"? How many times have you done this and please, enlighten us on how each situation worked out for you? I mean, I am curious here.

Well my being self conscious and nervous around her should be enough of a clue that I am interested. Women pick up on that quite well.

Ok, she picked up that you are attracted to her. So what? My crush appears to be attracted to me, but he isn't asking me out. Do you see the my point?

By the way I remember what happened 2 months ago around the time that she started going quiet on me. We were in the employee break room and one of the other colleagues asked me if I would go out with (name of the woman I crush on). So I was put on the spot and I said "I'm not her type. I know the kind of men she goes for". That was my answer to this hypothetical question.

So I remember shortly after that is when things started getting awkward and we were not talking at all and then the avoiding games started. She would even treat me differently than the other workers and seem a little pissed in her tone of voice even when I was always civil and professional.

So perhaps by saying I'm not her type this gave her the impression that I liked her and she felt disgusted by the fact that I like her.

Or, she's upset that you shot yourself in the foot before you even gave her a chance. I mean, you already did a thread about this. And we advised you that any woman with half of a brain would take your "I'm not your type" thing as an insult to her intelligence.

I mean, think about it, you tell co-workers your not her type. But then you're "sneaking glances", getting nervous around her, buying her ice cream and what not....Then, if she's picking up on all these "signs of interest" that you're doing - yet you turn her down for coffee, tell others "you're not her type"....Then, how do you expect her to react around you? I'd think the guy is probably gas lighting me. And, if I think he wasn't gas lighting me, I'd be frustrated cuz I'd be wondering why he won't even sit down with me over a coffee, but wallow around "sneaking glances" at me while telling everyone he could care less about me.

So now she has come around and opened up communication more but I don't know if it is just because she feels sorry for me or what.

Again, maybe, maybe, she's trying hard here. I mean, how many threads are posted here about women needing to make a move - especially for shy guys. Maybe she sees you sneaking a glance after you said you weren't into her and she figures 'ok, maybe he changed his mind, let me ask him for a coffee'.

This is NOT that complicated. You are just sitting there spinning around...and OMG, I am so glad I am not in your head.

We all have insecurities. I have spoken a lot about my crush, but I pushed myself to speak to dude and he politely declined. Poop happens. It sucks, but at least I put myself out there and gave it a try.

Think about it. I you have that coffee with her - two things are gonna happen...(1) You two kick it off and go from there; or, (2) She just enjoyed your company as a co-worker. I do not see this as you standing in front of a firing squad...

• Like 1
  • Author
You're serious, right?

What "eye of the storm" and others are trying to tell you applies regardless of whether you are looking to marry or just have companionship with someone.

Everyone's point is that you have to make a move. All this "she knows cuz I act a certain way" is gonna last for how long?

Actually, when you think about, by her asking your for coffee, she probably is acting on the AMBIGUOUS signals you send out...but, instead of you grabbing the rope she threw, you stay there flailing in the water arguing that she's just throwing a rope cuz she feels sorry for you.

I gotta question....this "pretend you don't like a crush thing"? How many times have you done this and please, enlighten us on how each situation worked out for you? I mean, I am curious here.

This is my first time having a crush since high school. So I think that was the last time I pretended to not like the woman that I was crushing on and even going so far as to hide my interest even from close friends by telling them I am not interested in her. If I feel ashamed about liking a certain woman then I will act like I do not like her. Not in a mean bully abusive way but I will not go out of my way to interact with her. I will pretend I don't see her when she passes by me.

At this point I wouldn't say that I avoid my crush but I am just not encouraging anything. If she wants to come talk to me I won't walk away but I won't encourage the conversation either. I will be neutral towards her and give short generalized answers to any of her questions.

eye of the storm

Darren,

If you want to never get anywhere with one of your crushes, keep doing what you are.

If you ever (and I do mean ever) want to have a relationship with a woman you are going to have to stop ignoring them. No woman will ever develop feelings for a man who ignores them.

You are a wonderfully unique person. Feel confident. There is no one like you. Trust that out there is a woman who will appreciate and cherish all that is you. It may be this woman, it may not.

But you will never find out if you don't talk to them.

• Like 1