I don't know what I did?

Ashley S

So how were you planning to get home?

If the situation with this guy hadn't happened, what would you have done to get home?

• Like 1
  • Author
So how were you planning to get home?

If the situation with this guy hadn't happened, what would you have done to get home?

I had my car, but my friend was being ridiculous and insisting we would walk to this guy's house because he live 3 blocks from the bar we were at and she kept thinking I was too drunk to drive, but I wasn't. That is why I was fighting with my friend because I didn't want to leave my car and go to this strange guy's house. It was a bad situation.

But I guess I just felt a bit bullied in a way too.

I think you feel that way a lot because you're a nice girl. A nice, young, foolish girl. Take advice from a woman who was once that girl- try not to be all three at once and for goodness sakes, choose better friends or at least, if you won't do that don't let your friends bully you or persuade you into doing foolish things.

Some day you'll look back on this and it'll make you roll your eyes.

• Like 2
I had my car, but my friend was being ridiculous and insisting we would walk to this guy's house because he live 3 blocks from the bar we were at and she kept thinking I was too drunk to drive, but I wasn't. That is why I was fighting with my friend because I didn't want to leave my car and go to this strange guy's house. It was a bad situation.

I'm confused. You were only 3 blocks from your car and ok to drive. But you called all your friends to pick you up? Did you drink more when you got to this guy's house?

• Like 1
I'm confused. You were only 3 blocks from your car and ok to drive. But you called all your friends to pick you up? Did you drink more when you got to this guy's house?

Good catch.

• Like 1
WhatIsLove2014

Whew...I didn't want to be the one to ask that!

• Author

I called people to pick us up because like I said Heather was being ridiculous and to appease her I thought I will call for somebody to pick us up because she thought I was "so drunk" and I thought that she would feel better if I were to call someone and I was trying to get us out of that creepy situation. That's what I was fighting with her about, because I kept saying that I am ok to drive but she kept on saying "No you're not, we're staying here for at least a couple of hours" And I kept on saying "No, I am not staying in a stranger's house!" and I kept asking her if she would feel better if I were to call someone to pick us up, and she kept on saying "We'll just stay here, no big deal!" I didn't want to leave her because I was afraid of something happening to her, so I got mad and I said "Heather I am calling someone to pick us up then, and you're coming with us, because there is no excuse now" So it was more to appease her. That is why I was mad because it was so ridiculous I could've driven home. But she rather would stay in a stranger's house and he was really creepy too and his room mate was creepy.

Edited by Ashley S
  • Author
I think you feel that way a lot because you're a nice girl. A nice, young, foolish girl. Take advice from a woman who was once that girl- try not to be all three at once and for goodness sakes, choose better friends or at least, if you won't do that don't let your friends bully you or persuade you into doing foolish things.

Some day you'll look back on this and it'll make you roll your eyes.

Thank you. I am already rolling my eyes lol. I feel so bad about everything! I know we all make mistakes, and I do consider myself a foolish person because I don't stand my ground. I just went along with her because of the fear of leaving her and something happening to her. When I should've just stood my ground, even when our friend Craig picked us up she still was resisting. But it took Craig to force her in the car with us. So that is how she got home safely. Thank you for understanding! :)

Thank you. I am already rolling my eyes lol. I feel so bad about everything! I know we all make mistakes, and I do consider myself a foolish person because I don't stand my ground. I just went along with her because of the fear of leaving her and something happening to her. When I should've just stood my ground, even when our friend Craig picked us up she still was resisting. But it took Craig to force her in the car with us. So that is how she got home safely. Thank you for understanding! :)

In the future, stay away from this girl when it comes to going out drinking/clubbing. You can still go out and have dinner or a quiet night with her but when it comes to partying, booze and men, stay away. She will have to learn her lessons the hard way. If she wants to be self-destructive, you don't need to be a part of it.

As for Jack, what's done is done. Try to move on from it. There is nothing more you can do if you're not getting much of a reaction or response from him.

• Like 1
  • Author
In the future, stay away from this girl when it comes to going out drinking/clubbing. You can still go out and have dinner or a quiet night with her but when it comes to partying, booze and men, stay away. She will have to learn her lessons the hard way. If she wants to be self-destructive, you don't need to be a part of it.

As for Jack, what's done is done. Try to move on from it. There is nothing more you can do if you're not getting much of a reaction or response from him.

Thank you Zahara. You're right! She is too self destructive to the point where it's dangerous. If we knew this guy it would've been fine, but he was just a creepy guy that we knew for only an hour and I just wasn't comfortable staying at his house. It's way too dangerous. I am not talking to her at the moment because I do feel like she is out of control and I can't handle someone that is so careless like that. I feel really bad though that she is that way, because she worries me. I love her, she's my friend, but I don't think I can hang with her anymore considering that she is way too careless and I just worry about her.

And yeah Jack just hates me for no reason and I accept that I will never know why, but it's just so hard for me to move on, but i'm trying. It's beating a dead horse trying to get through to Jack or reconciling the friendship. So I do have to let it go....it's hard for me because I still do like him and I am not taking it well, but there's nothing I can do. Thank you.

I called people to pick us up because like I said Heather was being ridiculous and to appease her I thought I will call for somebody to pick us up because she thought I was "so drunk" and I thought that she would feel better if I were to call someone and I was trying to get us out of that creepy situation. That's what I was fighting with her about, because I kept saying that I am ok to drive but she kept on saying "No you're not, we're staying here for at least a couple of hours" And I kept on saying "No, I am not staying in a stranger's house!" and I kept asking her if she would feel better if I were to call someone to pick us up, and she kept on saying "We'll just stay here, no big deal!" I didn't want to leave her because I was afraid of something happening to her, so I got mad and I said "Heather I am calling someone to pick us up then, and you're coming with us, because there is no excuse now" So it was more to appease her. That is why I was mad because it was so ridiculous I could've driven home. But she rather would stay in a stranger's house and he was really creepy too and his room mate was creepy.

So wait... to "appease her", you reach out to everyone, including the guy who was "rude"?

I can only imagine if he had come at 3 AM to pick you up and see that you were not only okay enough to drive, but that you could have walked 5 minutes over to your car.

So you called a bunch of people, when it really wasn't necessary to appease someone who didn't want to be appeased.

GOT IT.

• Like 1
So wait... to "appease her", you reach out to everyone, including the guy who was "rude"?

I can only imagine if he had come at 3 AM to pick you up and see that you were not only okay enough to drive, but that you could have walked 5 minutes over to your car.

So you called a bunch of people, when it really wasn't necessary to appease someone who didn't want to be appeased.

GOT IT.

Exactly. A lot of self-created, unnecessary drama. Ashley, you seem like an intelligent girl, so use this as an opportunity to reflect on how your approach to problem-solving and communication could be contributing to your problems with the men you post about, too. There is a common denominator here.

• Like 1
  • Author

GOT IT.

Yes, I was trying to reason with her. I was trying to appease her by having someone else pick us up since I was so "intoxicated" and "unsafe to drive" I figured "Ok then! I will have someone pick us up who isn't "intoxicated" or "unsafe to drive". I get what you're saying but she kept saying I was too "intoxicated" I was "so drunk" "Unsafe to drive" etc. So basically she was saying she wanted to go home but I was "too drunk" and that the "best" and "safest" thing to do is just stay at that guy's house and sleep off our drunken stupors :rolleyes: I was trying any way I could to get out of that situation. I was fighting with her about the fact that I had to call people because I thought it was ridiculous and my other friend thought so too! I even said to her "Why should I put other people out when I have my car here? You are making this difficult Heather!" I wanted to get into my car and drive off, but in the same breath not leave her alone with a stranger. I wouldn't be able to live myself whether something good or bad happened to her because it's the fact that I left her.