beautifulinside2

• Author
beautifulinside2
But doesn't always stay there...am I right, and will be back home at some point. He probably shares those daughters with his ex, and they probably will gravitate towards their mum being girls.

My daughter is an athlete so she has her own apartment and she comes home for a month out of the year. She is in her second year of school studying pre-law. As far as his girls, their mom cheated on the dad so they are closer to the dad, but his girls are a few year older than mine are. One is getting married in a few months

I question the fact he is ok with SHE does not delete her profile and she is getting regular messages, that does not bother him that she is advertising herself as single and looking?

Did you not see the part where I said they should set their profile to hidden, to "not looking" or if those features are not available on their chosen dating site then to write something to that effect in the profile?

Of course if they are exclusive, neither should be advertising themselves as single and looking. That's obvious. But you don't need to delete the whole profile, to "take down the ad".

• Author
beautifulinside2
I agree 3 weeks is not the usual time frame to delete a profile but they had 10 dates, slept over each others home 4 times, had plenty of sex...and he does not know yet if he likes her enough to concentrate only on her?

Gaeta, my point exactly. Also, funny because he mentioned that he paid for a subscription for 6 months, but he doesn't like online dating and not looking for a casual relationship. I think what Peg is missing is he is still logging in and not hiding his profile, but stating he is concentrating on me and not dating anyone else.

My ex-boyfriend asked to be 'officially and exclusively dating' on our 3rd date. When a man sees a good deal he does not let it go by. He wanted me off the market quickly because he knew on there I was getting attention from left and right.

When I told him I would still date other men as long as our profiles are online, he stated if I did he didn't want to date anymore. huh?

I understand men don't get that many messages and their profile can sit there with no activity but I question the fact he is ok with SHE does not delete her profile and she is getting regular messages, that does not bother him that she is advertising herself as single and looking? after 10 dates, and countless nights of sex? I would question his interest. What is he doing with her? Playing house?

My sentiments exactly. Not to mention I'm like his sports buddy as well. In three weeks we have been to sporting events, watch Monday night football. etc. I even told him it was okay for him to date other women as long as we stop being intimate so he could see what else is out there. I understood after being married for 25 years he may want to do that, he said NOPE

I think what Peg is missing is he is still logging in and not hiding his profile

Well we would be "missing" that nugget, because you never told us that before ;)

If he is regularly logging in and communicating with others whilst claiming to be exclusive with you, then obviously he has a rather loose definition of honesty. Which is to say, he's a lying toe rag and you should ditch him.

But how do you know he is logging in? Are you logging in to check? Maybe he is thinking exactly the same thing about you.....

• Author
beautifulinside2
Well we would be "missing" that nugget, because you never told us that before ;)

If he is regularly logging in and communicating with others whilst claiming to be exclusive with you, then obviously he has a rather loose definition of honesty. Which is to say, he's a lying toe rag and you should ditch him.

Ha Ha yes I'm starting to think this. I was reluctant to believe it because we've spent so much time together and I don't know where he would find the time nor energy but who knows but him. I'm going to see how he reacts over the next couple of days after the conversation and make my decision this weekend.

• Like 1

There is a big difference between "really liking someone from the start" and building a committed loving relationship. Infatuation is a drug that your brain and body soak up. It feels great, can mislead your rational thinking, and is short-term. Love and commitment requires time and usually involves predictable steps that leads to intimacy. Breaking down the door to sexual activity right away always, and I repeat, always convolutes the relationship. If you want a relationship that is going to lead to something substantial, maybe rethinking your approach to dating should be considered.

• Like 1