Absolutely crazy about him but feel like its a dead end

I dunno......you could have replied, "If I'm everything you want in a girl, why haven't you given me a shot?"

• Like 1
chimpanA-2-chimpanZ

It could be you're seeing things that aren't there. He may seem jealous when he's really just protective. It's very possible that he sees you as a younger sister, someone he really cares about and trusts completely, with no romantic feelings.

When someone repeatedly tells you he thinks you aren't a good fit for each other, or that he doesn't want to date you, you have to listen. Tell him that you find some of his behavior too flirtatious and you won't accept that from a friend.

Life is way too short for this kind of thing. You deserve a man who tells you how much he wants to be with you every day.

• Like 2
  • Author

We went out for dinner last night and we both promised to not talk about any of our exes or anything negative. He said that it was "our night" and we should only focus on "us" and out "future"...not futures...with an S...FUTURE, as in one future, together. I didn't give it much thought though, until he almost kissed me. He seriously came thisclose but backed off at the last second. Even though I trid to make it clear that I had no problem with him kissing me. Why do you think he pulled away? I didn't want to ask anything to make him uncomfortable. Especially since we agreed to just have fun. And not to harp on negative things. I'm even more confused now then ever before. I texted him this morning telling him I had a great time last night and his reply was a thumbs up emoji and a boy and girl holding hands emoji.....?????

oh for Christ sakes! Why didn't you just grab him and kiss him! Stop playing around and be serious. If you want this to happen, take action. Obviously you ARE NOT giving him the right signals in order to let him feel confindent about it.

He is unsure, so get off the pot and tell the poor bugger will ya?

The part where he says I'm everything he wants in a woman, but not only that. There's constantly a flirty vibe from him. He touches me all the time, he gets jealous if he thinks im into another guy, he even wrote me a song and played it for me on his guitar. All these little things just get my hopes up and then he goes and tells me something like, "we're all wrong for each other". So why does he do all these things?

He likes you as a FRIEND. He thinks you would be all wrong for each other because he doesn't' see you as a sexual being. He's not attracted to you like that but you may be fun to flirt with & a safe ego stroke.

• Like 2
chimpanA-2-chimpanZ
We went out for dinner last night and we both promised to not talk about any of our exes or anything negative. He said that it was "our night" and we should only focus on "us" and out "future"...not futures...with an S...FUTURE, as in one future, together. I didn't give it much thought though, until he almost kissed me. He seriously came thisclose but backed off at the last second. Even though I trid to make it clear that I had no problem with him kissing me. Why do you think he pulled away? I didn't want to ask anything to make him uncomfortable. Especially since we agreed to just have fun. And not to harp on negative things. I'm even more confused now then ever before. I texted him this morning telling him I had a great time last night and his reply was a thumbs up emoji and a boy and girl holding hands emoji.....?????

First of all, I wouldn't read too much into the "future" comment. Dudes rarely put much thought into what they're saying.

More importantly: didn't you say he just broke up with a girl (as in weeks, not months ago) and was completely devastated by it? And hadn't they been together for years? If it had been a mutual or fairly amicable breakup, or if he'd broken up with her because he realized he had feelings for you, that would be one thing. But my alarm bells are ringing. He may have just been drunk and flirting mindlessly, or trying to set up a FWB situation, or distracting himself from the pain he's in. None of these scenarios are good.

You need to talk and see what's going on. If he doesn't go through the very necessary process of grieving his ex-girlfriend and getting over her cheating, this is not going to end well. You will have a few months of splendid, blissful happiness, only for it to explode in your face overnight.

• Like 1