? He's meant to be visiting me but I haven't heard from him.

Hi...

Long story short - My best guy friend of four years and I have been having a more intimate relationship for the last ten months or so. He has been fairly consistent in contacting me on a daily basis. Three months ago he moved back home across the country but we still chatted almost every day. He is visiting my town in two days time and the arrangement was that he would stay at my place. We both were away for summer and bought each other presents that we have been looking forward to giving to each other. He was texting me almost every day telling me he couldn't wait to see me. But now I haven't heard from him at all for a whole week. I, along with some other people, liked and commented on a Facebook status he put up a week ago. He then liked all other comments apart from mine. The previous day we had chatted as normal and he'd told me how much he was looking forward to seeing me. I'm completely confused and devastated and have no idea whether I should contact him? And if so, what to say? He also seems to have blocked me from Skype, although he'd always been the one to initiate contact anyway. We're still friends on Facebook though and I've seen him being active on there all of this week ... I just don't know what to do - any advice please?? :(

This is an awful feeling.

I'd contact him casually and ask if he's still coming to see you. If he doesn't reply or depending on his reply you'll at least know what's going on with him.

It would be easy to say just forget about him if he was a guy you saw a few times but given that you've been friends for 4 years and this all seems random, I think you deserve at least to be told what's going on.

Just call him and ask if he's still coming. I wouldn't text personally because people can easily ignore texts and say they never received them and you'll be left anxious and wondering about if he got it or not or if he's ignoring you. If you call though, even if for example he doesn't answer, you can always leave a casual voicemail message saying "Hey, just called to check in with you about our plans for this week. Gimme a call back, talk to you later!" and that way if he doesn't respond you'll most likely know he's ignoring you as even if people miss a call they will be alerted about the voicemail and it's a lot harder to lie about not receiving a call and a voicemail message than text.

• Author

Thank you do much for your helpful reply, MissBee!

Curiously, he sent me a message shortly after I read this, basically stating that he will be seeing me very soon.

I'm not sure how to reply to this now - I don't want him to think I'll just let him walk all over me, but don't want to overreact either!