Manipulative Women...

I was watching ID (Investigation Discovery) last week and they have this new show about female detectives and there was this case of this nutty chick in Atlanta, Georgia who killed some guy she was messing with.

What astounds me soooo much is how she had so many men just gaga over her and she wasn't even that pretty.

I mean, the gun she used to kill the guy was given to her by a deputy cuz she went crying to him about being abused...AND, the guy she killed? She filed false rape allegations against him (and other men) and even on the night he went for the booty-call, his friend told him 'that woman is gonna kill you' and even called him the next day to check on him.

My question is, how do guys fall for such manipulative women?

I mean, I think these women play a game - usually the "damsel in distress" thing and men naturally want to provide/protect women and they just lick up the act these women pull.

One guy dumped me for the town ho. I mean, she had no green card (Side note: I was born in the U.S. but my parents are immigrants. They filed their papers, got their residency and I and my immediate siblings were born here - so I'm not putting down immigrants)....And, she was always in her high-heels and tight jeans with endless male "friends".

Well, he was so gullible that he would take her to the club on Salsa night on the base, and she would be chatting up the foreign officers and dancing with them - RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM. But, one time he saw me in the club (after we broke up) and had the audacity to question "who" I was taking to (and I was not even into the guy, I just was making conversation).

Well, eventually, after she got $500 out of him, gave him sex once, and some expensive gloves and stuff he "lent" her. He came crying to me about how he was trying just to "help" her and she didn't get it.

So, he was quick to treat me like crap and I was faithful to him and never asked him for a dime or favor - yet, he's gaga over the town ho, who was looking for a green card (one guy told me she hit him up, and he wasn't gonna fall for her crap) and men to pay her bills.

I sometimes wonder if it's my independence that makes these men diss me to be with some dainty, dependent, female who just bats her eyelashes?

So, what do you think? Why do men go for these manipulative women? Is it cuz these women play the role of a "victim", "damsel in distress", or these women are so dependent on these guys? Are these women just good at reading guys and playing these guys?

Low self-esteem. These women have personality disorders and attract low self-esteem guys like moths to sh*t. I noticed that when I was down in the dumps, I dated the worst women that I've ever met in my life. It was because I had no standards and was happy when any reasonably attractive girl showed me attention.

I got a random text from her months after the end of that course, asking if I would go and help her move her stove. lol

So did you help her move the stove?

I'll speak from my own experience.

If a guy keeps getting rejected, and a hot woman starts paying attention to him, the MAJOR ego boost he gets is going to draw him in like flies to honey.

I know, because that's happened to me on more than one occasion.

• Like 1
Low self-esteem. These women have personality disorders and attract low self-esteem guys like moths to sh*t. I noticed that when I was down in the dumps, I dated the worst women that I've ever met in my life. It was because I had no standards and was happy when any reasonably attractive girl showed me attention.

Sometimes, for sure, but not always and often quite the opposite. Many go for the fella with high self esteem, inner strength, optimism and security as it is what they lack in themselves and they wish to feed off the other person. Sometimes because they get a kick from the challenge of fooling and manipulating someone who is so solid, capable and down to earth. It all depends what they want and what you have to offer. Often they're not even acting with true malice or intent to harm, it's just an instinctive method of survival to them. It's difficult to see falsehood in instinct as instinct is genuine.

Weak, cowardly and manipulative men often target strong, secure women too. When someone copes with life and their own self easily, they often have spare of themselves to give. Secure enough not to be paranoid, untrusting or fearful, they like to help, encourage and build up rather than tear down or turn a blind eye. That makes an attractive proposition for the weak, damaged and manipulative.

When my ex got her claws into me I was, I suppose, the alpha male/patriarch of my area. Had been around, street smart and was nobody's fool. Got a problem, need work, money, protection, help? Just ask old Snaggle. A fella hassling you? A gang pushing gear on your kids? A car or fence needs fixing? Need an ear to bend, shoulder to cry on, a cuddle to make you feel better? Just ask Snaggle, he'll buy you a drink, make you laugh and ensure no harm comes your way. To be found be in his usual corner of the pub after 7pm...... then 5 foot of doe eyed Delilah enters stage left. Scissors in one hand and a Mickey in the other.

• Like 2

The trouble I have with being able to be real friends with a woman is the fact that I can totally read through all this fake behavior and understand exactly what their aim is. I once asked my bf "why can't men see this manipulative behavior of women?" and he replied that men can't see it cause they were made like this so that they keep having kids with women and our world does not die or something like this. I'm not sure if this is right, but sometimes I just think it is. I mean, how can a man who is so smart and great at his job, a millionaire and a great businessman, not understand that a woman is manipulative? For me it's like first grade math. I guess that men don't have the ability to read this manipulative thing on women. I can't explain it another way.

• Like 1
The trouble I have with being able to be real friends with a woman is the fact that I can totally read through all this fake behavior and understand exactly what their aim is. I once asked my bf "why can't men see this manipulative behavior of women?" and he replied that men can't see it cause they were made like this so that they keep having kids with women and our world does not die or something like this. I'm not sure if this is right, but sometimes I just think it is. I mean, how can a man who is so smart and great at his job, a millionaire and a great businessman, not understand that a woman is manipulative? For me it's like first grade math. I guess that men don't have the ability to read this manipulative thing on women. I can't explain it another way.

Summer, it's not really that men don't see when a woman is manipulating them, it's that they often see it and choose to ignore in hopes that something could change.

Technically you can apply the same logic on why women are drawn to bad men.

• Like 1

Both genders can spot behavior from their own a mile away but other gender has a hard time. It's the same reason why other man can spot a player from a mile away but they will have women wrapped around their finger. I that is why some guys are just astounded that some women fall for that crap. The same applies with men who fall for these women.

• Like 2

As Woggle pointed out, both genders can see their own gender's manipulative behaviour a mile away, but have problems with the opposite.

It's because they need to believe above all else.

Love and lust is what needs it, without trust [even missplaced one] either of those 2 is threatened.

If you can't see this behaviour by your nature/nurture, the way to learn it is counterintuitive ... give up on dating for a while, read up on psychology and analyze, both others but especially yourself.

• Like 2