OLD how many messages before you give up?

All women think they're a catch. It doesn't make it so.

He was basically saying that he has trouble with OLD because women all go for the same men, based on looks, which is something that you confirmed in your post.

Right, most people online just scan profiles. There was a time where POF had a way to view if someone read your email.

The "Unread/Delete" was probably felt cold as ice. lol.

When people look at profiles, they probably look at the height, pictures obviously, and scan for certain keywords that some resume scanners of the day do.

There used to be a time I would be selective in whom I wrote seeing profiles of like interests, morals, values, and belief systems. I would get extra excited if I saw a woman wearing some kind of geeky 80's Tee Shirt, or in some kind of Cosplay outfit, ESP if she was over 40. LOL

But, still no response.

I pretty much bank if I met this same woman in person, we'd be hand-in-hand.

Just started old a few days ago still no luck..with the shallow nature of it I doubt I'll have any sucess..

I guess I'm a glutton for punishment looking to get rejected by women in every way possible lol

• Like 1
  • Author
Just started old a few days ago still no luck..with the shallow nature of it I doubt I'll have any sucess..

I guess I'm a glutton for punishment looking to get rejected by women in every way possible lol

Good news is that I guarantee you there is more to life than just dating, they just make it seem that way.

So far I've gotten two obese women who want to meet me..I'm not interested at all

That sounds about right.

That sounds about right.

Lol I'm not trying to be a dick I'm just not interested..I'm in pretty good shape I'm not compatible with an obese women

this "meet me" thing on pof sounds like a one night stand request

Lol I'm not trying to be a dick I'm just not interested..I'm in pretty good shape I'm not compatible with an obese women

this "meet me" thing on pof sounds like a one night stand request

I believe you, same shyt happen to me, all day.

Still nothing..I message women who view my profile and so far no response.i figure they see my profile and realize I'm not physically attractive

I've gotten two "meet mes" and one message all from obese women..

Oh well back to my shell of not approaching women..my self esteem has taken enough hits

• 1 month later...
LisaSmith_1970
I've recently started doing OLD again since my last relationship failed. I know I've been the type to stay away from it, but lately I've been noticing that women I meet in real life do not act that much more different than the ones online.

I've been on/off Okcupid for about 4 years now. Just recently I even had a date off of the website but it did not go well at all. She practically kept to herself the whole time no matter how talkative and welcoming I was and I'm guessing just practically used me for a free meal. Anyways I know OLD takes lot's of patience and I do get a few responses here and there but my question is---

Is it really a numbers game, or is it one of those things that after you send about 1000 messages out without success you might as well give up?

I get that you have to keep trying no matter what, but at what point without success are you supposed to realize that maybe it's just not working out for you?

Maybe she was shy? Can you describe the date? I'm just curious, because I come off as shy on first dates...did you get touchy feely with her?

To answer your question, I don't really count how many messages-if its like 2 straight weeks of guys just sending messages and does not even bother to ask for my number/talk on the phone or suggest to meet up, I blocked them and move on. About half of the time, I have to "be the man" and give them my number and suggest on going out. Then people say, that if the guy is just messaging non-stop then he's not really interested like I want him to me and that I'm wasting time. Geez...so what gives?

I know I'm a female, so it's not the same, but I had success with OLD and I can tell you what attracted me. I initiated contact with a lot of guys based on the content of their profiles.

I keep saying the same thing... content is king!

If what you have to say resonates, women will make the first contact. And when that happens you have about a ninety-five percent success rate of getting a date. I had two dates this week, one last week, three different women, all contacted me first, all attractive and smart.

Women are literate creatures- they like men who make paragraphs, use punctuation and know the difference between there, their, they're. They like humor, and they like having a hook to grasp as a conversation starter. I have a Sarah Palin joke that seems to get'em going... and some good stuff in my "contact me if" list. If you put yourself out there in the right way they will respond.

JuneJulySeptember
How many dates have you had in 4 years?? I don't get it. Your pic on here is cute as a button from what I can see. What's your actual profile like?? Can I check it out? I know I'm a female, so it's not the same, but I had success with OLD and I can tell you what attracted me. I initiated contact with a lot of guys based on the content of their profiles.

The problem is, I'm not trying to win a 'job' or a 'competition'.

I'm looking for somebody who is compatible with me. I skip over profiles of women who have flashy pics and esoteric quotes and humor for a reason.

If I throw a whole bunch of Oscar Wilde quotes and witty and sarcastic and edgy humor, then I'm a fraud.

That's not me.

I target women who have plain Jane profiles and pretty plain Jane pics, similar to my profile. But I'm shot down because the looks just aren't there.

• Like 1

I'm looking for somebody who is compatible with me. I skip over profiles of women who have flashy pics and esoteric quotes and humor for a reason.

If I throw a whole bunch of Oscar Wilde quotes and witty and sarcastic and edgy humor, then I'm a fraud.

That's not me.

I target women who have plain Jane profiles and pretty plain Jane pics, similar to my profile. But I'm shot down because the looks just aren't there.

Have you thought about applying for a job as a guard at a women's prison?

• Author

That's not me.

Just keep your head up, and if OLD doesn't work for you

(like 99% of all other men) make meeting women in real life a main priority. Don't get caught up in the "I'm not having success online with women therefore I'm worthless", it's simply not true. It's a static environment that differs greatly from a face to face interaction.