Mr Nate's Self Improvement Thread For Men!

• Author

So today I literally spent three hours shopping for clothes and looking at what matches or not.

I finally settled in on a pair of nice brown shoes, a few socks to match, some gucci cologne, and a few pants.

I'll be back at it this weekend.

Needless to say, this self improvement stuff is work.

But it will be worth it. I'm gonna look great. :cool:

• Author

So I went out today and got a brand new pair of clippers to shave with, and also got the hair back styled right. I also laid out some goals for the wardrobe and fitness improvements.

As well as spots I'd like to travel.

I must say, there really is a power that comes with making a choice. It gives you a feeling like no other.

This isn't easy by any means. However, they never said it would be easy. They just promise that it would be worth it.

One step at a time, folks!

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author

So I think I'm going to be retiring the extreme lifting. :(

I think it's becoming clear my body can't handle it anymore. Well it can, just that it hurts more. So I think I'm going to work on getting lean for once and start incorporating some cardio into my regimen: Something I've never really done, heh.

My cardio fitness isn't great at all, so this will be interesting. However it feels like the way to go. I may need some help developing routines.

In terms of the wardrobe..it's getting better! I now have a decent selection of shoes. Now it's time to move on to the shirts/pants. Also maybe another cologne item as well.

I'm also considering learning another language. Right now I'm torn between Chinese Mandarin and Arabic. I'm currently leaning towards the latter. Does anyone have any experience with learning either? What say you?

There's also a vacation in the works. Won't lie... I'm pretty damn stoked. :cool:

I don't know either of those two languages but I heard that if you make a peace sign with both of your hands, cross them and then blow through the middle it means "f you" in Chinese.

• Like 1

I found the desire to learn a new language was aided by plans to immerse in it through travel. Maybe it's easier for younger folks but I found learning language to be quite difficult compared to learning other new skills in life. Then there was the specter of dropping into an ostensibly foreign planet and drawing a complete blank. About all I could say, native, was 'excuse me, I don't understand!' :D

If I had to choose between the two mentioned, I'd probably pick Chinese because I'd like to explore that part of the world more; however, it would be nice to be conversant in Arabic since I've wanted to go to

to watch a F1 race ever since watching it in the streets of Singapore. Fortunately, there, English worked fine.

In my own realm of 'moving on', for myself literally moving on, leaving a place I've been in for 55 years, I put my childhood home up for sale last week. I felt, compared to selling another of my properties, it would send the clearest signal and feel the clearest sign of 'moving on', if only a start.

Also, on the health front, I found cutting back alcohol substantially to feel, overall, pretty good. On a recent trip I budgeted two beers a day and brought back half of them, and have cut out hard liquor totally. I originally started this as a team effort with a good friend because of his own health issues and have noted it to be paying benefits for my own health as well.

Good luck with your plan and, if you have any tips about growing a business from nothing in a new location, hey, greatly appreciated. What I've been doing so far is making friends with business owners and getting to know the local politicians and getting a feel for the local business 'vibe'. In my case, I primarily serve business and local government entities though will be dabbling in storefront stuff as well this time around. Big change but life is about change.

• Author
I don't know either of those two languages but I heard that if you make a peace sign with both of your hands, cross them and then blow through the middle it means "f you" in Chinese.

Intresting.

Thankfully we have an easier way to say that in America. And it requires just one finger. :laugh: