Feeling Used

• Author

Well he called today. Again he's in his I want to be friends mode. He told me how he felt guilty about what happened, etc....

He said he's trying to just be friends and he wants me to help him with that (by stopping him I guess).

I think it's partly my fault. I've been such a flirt with him---which I'm usually not like---which I had never really been good at.

We talked in a friendly way. He gave me a lot of good advice (he's gone pretty far in his career).

He told me that when he can't talk to me, not to take it personally and then he told me what his typical day is like---and it is pretty hectic.

He talked about his being too driven sometimes and told me that the marriage counselor told him how he was at fault for not being there, etc...... I STILL find it really strange that he's seen me WHILE in marriage counseling!!!!

He talked about how his wife wants to go on vacation but he won't be able to because he doesn't have time, etc.....

I don't think he meant to mess around with me but I don't think he has too much willpower.

Believe it or not, he DOES give me some good advice ---even if just as a big brother. This is better than before when he would avoid me altogether after we saw each other because he felt guilty.

He did point out my issues and was right on target with them. I DO see things too negatively (like feeling like he was brushing me off). I do that a lot with anybody.

I tend to be afraid to get out there and live to my potential. (not sure how to overcome that though).

As for his wife, I dunno. Still wish I was her sometimes. Maybe he's not really a cheat. Maybe I pushed him into it.

Plus financially things have been tough lately so I think of that as well. I'll be at a store and can't afford to get something and then think of how "she" can ---and then I get really depressed.

Sorry this post was such a hodgepodge of several things.

they will start to happen - YOU WILL attract a terrific SG that can enrich your life in many ways - hey, even Donald Trump has things he'd like to buy but cannot.

I'm so glad you are willing to do something for yourself - something that builds your self-worth - of course, that starts w/not see'g MM.

You're fantastic!!

KissMyTiara
Originally posted by liswil

Btw, if your kid gets beat up by a bully do you say "Haha, see told you so!"

It's always good to know that society hasn't gone to hell.......

Your situation is NOTHING like getting beaten up by a bully. I know this because I have been and currently remain in your shoes. Trust me, the future won't be pleasant.

What you are engaging in is more like throwing huge cantalopes at an irritable lion's head. Are you really surprised that the lion fights back? Stupid decisions on your part, not exactly the best conduct, and the lion is not being too wonderful in return.

Stop throwing the fruit. Go play with an animal your own size, who doesn't already have a mate.