Why would an ex block you during NC?

It was special at one time, because it was special to you. If you want it to get easier, you have to recognize that while it was special at one time, your special relationship is now just another drop in the sea of dead relationships that were all once special in their own right.

Now, you can either drown in it, or you can acknowledge that it is no longer special to you, because it fell apart. A relationship that has broken can no longer be special.

Own it and float on.

I like this a lot.

• Like 1

So why do ex's do this kind of thing when you haven't been bothering them?

Well, most dumpers would block you if they had something to hide. Like, they're interested in someone else and they don't want you to see or run interference.

I mean, think about it. Usually dumpers are over you when they're still in a relationship with us. They already know that they're going to dump us and have already mourned the loss of us while they're still with us. Then, finally, they find the courage to pull the trigger and here's the rub of it, they are leaps and bounds ahead of us in the healing process and we're at square one. That's why they have a hard time not accepting the fact that we don't want to "be friends" with them after a break up! They're healed enough to see themselves friends with us, in the meantime, we just got gutted.

Therefore, normally, they don't block us from social media, because they don't care. Unless, they have something to hide. Something that would put them in a bad light in our eyes.

Edited by Chi townD
  • Like 1

Dumpers don't have anything to hide. Sometimes it's just as hard for the dumper as it is the dumpee. Broken relationships have 2 sides that are effected, no one gets away without feeling the pain in some way.

I was the dumper.. I blocked my ex because the urge to stalk his FB was over powering! I did it several times and it hurt like hell so I blocked him. I will not go on there and unblock him and look, I know better now.

I don't have anything to hide.

I'm hurting just as much or even more than my ex. Just because you love someone doesn't mean they are the right person for you.

It still hurts as the dumper when you have to make that kind of decision.

Edited by Brooke02
Spelling

I thought for sure I'd misread the threat title. My question would be why wouldn't you block a recent ex? The last thing you need to do is be seeing what she's doing and her seeing what you're doing and with whom. That's so unhealthy. If it can be avoided, it should be avoided at least until you're completely both over it. And I guess you don't know what "NC" means, because that's exactly what it means: going blind, having nothing to do with, having no contact with, not having access to their photos and social media, not communicating. No Contact.

I thought for sure I'd misread the threat title. My question would be why wouldn't you block a recent ex? The last thing you need to do is be seeing what she's doing and her seeing what you're doing and with whom. That's so unhealthy. If it can be avoided, it should be avoided at least until you're completely both over it. And I guess you don't know what "NC" means, because that's exactly what it means: going blind, having nothing to do with, having no contact with, not having access to their photos and social media, not communicating. No Contact.

Exactly. Only one person can block it has to be dumpee OR the dumper.

Whichever one it is, it's best for both persons healing.