Just got busted having affair with the perfect True Love

2bemyway

In your post in the 'infidelity' sub-forum, you typed, "I cut communication off totally so that she and I could work on our marriages if that is what we are going to do."

So...why would you expect your affair partner to get in contact with you after you cut off communication? And, why would she contact you if she actually is working on saving her marriage?

In any case, I don't know how you can turn a mutually consensual affair into a case of the other person "using" you? You were not absent from the decision to indulge in the first place, and you knew what it was all along.

Yes spot on.

Seems like when two married people engage in an A, "fall in love" and then get caught, it then becomes a contest of "I'm not leaving my marriage unless my AP leaves theirs first". Just holding off until the other pulls the trigger first....

Of course, neither end up doing it because they are busy doubting and waiting for the other.

• Like 2

Never, ever, EVER divorce for another person. Divorce because you want a divorce and don't count on your AP being there when you do. If she is there, great, but you will need time to be on your own, to recover from the divorce etc. Divorcing for a person never works. You have to divorce because you are unhappy and want out of the marriage. If you don't, and things don't work out with your ap you will be resentful. Take the AP out of the situation. If you still want to leave, do it. But be sure to do it for you alone.

Good luck.

Seems like when two married people engage in an A, "fall in love" and then get caught, it then becomes a contest of "I'm not leaving my marriage unless my AP leaves theirs first". Just holding off until the other pulls the trigger first....

Of course, neither end up doing it because they are busy doubting and waiting for the other.

True love. :laugh: