New lady I'm seeing wants to borrow money

Easyguy14

I'd drop her like a hot potato. She asked for $100 while you were cuddling and fooling around? She sounds very manipulative and experienced at this - borderline pro. I guess she'll wait until you're having sex to ask for $1,000 :o

• Like 4
Is it bad just to see what she does or says after I tell her I don't have anything to lend right now?

Yes, it is bad. It has shown a quality of her personality that is setting a precedent of neediness and not having boundaries.

You not having anything to lend her is irrelevant to the discussion.

The important thing to zero in on is the FACT that she asked you when she barely knew you.

Why can't you see this and why are you rationalizing another date with her?

• Like 3

I'm going to play devils advocate on this one...I have been asked for money from friends before, and I have three rules that I abide by

1) The amout is $500 or less

2) I give them the money, it is not a loan

3) If they decide to take the money, they can never ask me again for any money

I mean, it's only $100. It seems like you guys have fun together and you would probably spend that on one date anyway. The devils advocate in me says, just give her the money, let her know that she can never ask you again, have some fun, and if she asks for money again, drop her.

Only $100? Wow. You must be rich! :)

I think lending friends money is different from lending a complete stranger money. Then by your reasoning, I should have lent OLD guy that $5 for a second cup of coffee and told him "this is it, don't ask me again" because we had a 2 hour conversation? Why would I want to date a 44 year old man whose only credit is what he has on a Goodwill gift card? Um, no thank you. There's being down and out vs. being irresponsible. Parking lot lady seems to be the latter.

I think your heart is in the right place slizl (charity to friends when they're down and out) but in the OP's case, she is a complete stranger to him. No way should he lend her that $100. Totally inappropriate. If the OP's parking lot lady wants money, she could always ask her friends or family.

I'm going to play devils advocate on this one...I have been asked for money from friends before, and I have three rules that I abide by

I mean, it's only $100. It seems like you guys have fun together and you would probably spend that on one date anyway. The devils advocate in me says, just give her the money, let her know that she can never ask you again, have some fun, and if she asks for money again, drop her.

I met her last week in the parking lot when I helped her get out of a car jam.

It smells a set up, a scam. She has a boyfriend somewhere to whom she'll be handing over YOUR money.

• Like 4

You met her not even 7 days ago. She already has you back at her place on the couch fooling around. Then promptly asks for $100. There's a sucker born every minute.

She's GOOOOOD!

• Like 3

Like I've said....there are gold diggers who aren't looking for rich guys...They got one guy giving them $20.00, one paying their light, one paying their car note....

I say launch!!!

What surprises me is that she didn't give you any yet...usually they give a "taste" to mess with your head.

• Like 1
Only $100? Wow. You must be rich! :)

I think lending friends money is different from lending a complete stranger money. Then by your reasoning, I should have lent OLD guy that $5 for a second cup of coffee and told him "this is it, don't ask me again" because we had a 2 hour conversation? Why would I want to date a 44 year old man whose only credit is what he has on a Goodwill gift card? Um, no thank you. There's being down and out vs. being irresponsible. Parking lot lady seems to be the latter.

I think your heart is in the right place slizl (charity to friends when they're down and out) but in the OP's case, she is a complete stranger to him. No way should he lend her that $100. Totally inappropriate. If the OP's parking lot lady wants money, she could always ask her friends or family.

Um...maybe she tried & they cant help her or they lent her enough so now she's getting desperate or something I don't know :o. I think the OP should just give her 50 bucks to keep if he really really thinks he likes her a lot.

Oh. Can I borrow $500?

• Like 7

What happened to the woman who wanted you to pay her for sex?:confused:

It might be worthwhile to step back and look at why you're attracting women who view you as their personal ATM to make ends meet.

• Like 2
Why can't you see this and why are you rationalizing another date with her?

Perhaps her looks (and charming personality) are blinding him to the reality of the situation.;)

There's a big difference between a good friend who you have history with who suddenly finds herself in a tight spot, and a random, jobless smooth talker who uses her lemon car to pick up a stranger who she then hits up for money a week later.

P.S. You can wire me the $500. No need to pay for postage...I'm a very thoughtful friend.:laugh:

• Like 1

I suspect she is out of his league and he's desperate. Some people have to learn the hard way. (sigh)

He'd be better off paying a hooker for sex. At least it would be an honest transaction.

It might be worthwhile to step back and look at why you're attracting women who view you as their personal ATM to make ends meet.

Ding ding ding! Yeah, if you keep attracting this kind of woman, you're doing something to give the impression that you're an easy target for them.

Um, dump this chick.

You might not give her $100 bucks, but she'll find other ways to make you pay $100 worth of food/drinks/stuff.

You lose by staying with this girl.

A fool and his money are easily parted because of the promises of sex.

You met her not even 7 days ago. She already has you back at her place on the couch fooling around. Then promptly asks for $100. There's a sucker born every minute.

She's GOOOOOD!

Or, a Hooker!:laugh: Just come right out and ask her what are you going to get for $100.

• Author

I already evaluated this and it usually comes after conversations with said women about our jobs/careers. I will have to rephrase things next time so I can avoid these situations with certain types. And also said lady called me. I didn't answer so she left a message saying never mind she doesn't need the money anymore. I wonder what happened?

Ridiculous! You aren`t a bank!!

You know nothing about this woman, and if you do lend her money. She might just do the "disappearing act".

Trust your gut. No one earns their trust after 2 dates!

Crazy.

I wouldn't even consider lending a girlfriend money after 2 months, let alone a girl after the 2nd date. The chick would have to be pretty much living with me - so I could place a glass piggy on the counter and watch porky fill up with 'dolla dolla bills yo' PLUS interest!

Actually lend her the money.. And if you don't have it back in 3 days... Behold...

--3 days later--

You: Hey

Her: Hi hun.

You: So that money I lent you, do you have it like we agreed on?

Her: Oh.. You know I'm not working right now. Remember?! I told you in the parking lot, silly goose!

You:Right. I think in all fairness, I should explain to you exactly what it is that I do. For instance tomorrow morning I'll get up nice and early, take a walk down over to the bank and... walk in and see my account and, uh... if you don't have my money in that account, I'll... crack your fvvckin' head wide-open in front of everybody.

And just about the time that I'm comin' out of jail, hopefully, you'll be coming out of your coma. And guess what?! I'll split your fvvckin' head open again. 'Cause I'm fvvckin' stupid. I don't give a fvvck about jail. That's my business. That's what I do."

Her: .....Oh.... I just remembered... I have it in my purse...

You: Hm! Great. Want some pizza?

FADE TO BLACK

• Like 1
IfWishesWereHorses

She's using you. I'll bet she's makes a living like this! I say if you lend her the money though, lets start a poll to see who correctly guesses the timing and amount she asks you for next time!

• Author
She's using you. I'll bet she's makes a living like this! I say if you lend her the money though, lets start a poll to see who correctly guesses the timing and amount she asks you for next time!

So everyone's confident it'll be a next time. I wont doubt it but since she dropped it I think she at least thought it over that asking after 2 dates was inappropriate. I did speak to her on the phone earlier and she suggested we go to the movies Friday, no mention of money yet. I didn't give an answer.

Under The Radar
So everyone's confident it'll be a next time. I wont doubt it but since she dropped it I think she at least thought it over that asking after 2 dates was inappropriate. I did speak to her on the phone earlier and she suggested we go to the movies Friday, no mention of money yet. I didn't give an answer.

Make sure you tell her there's free refills on a large popcorn and super big gulp while at the movies ...... it just might postpone her next "loan" request for an additional week or two ;)