What are your thoughts about dating a girl who is pregnant?

VedderisBetter

Well a few things you have to think about. The father might be gone right now but he has every right to come back into the picture, and he just might. It is his biological kid, and he's still alive. So the chances of him being involved are pretty decent. Can you handle that? Not every guy can.

Secondly, he may be a jerk, but WHY did he leave? What do you know about this girl? She is in a very vulnerable state. Her emotions are all out of whack. Any pregnant girl would be sizing up a potential boyfriend as a future daddy. Can you handle that as well?

The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle in between "He's a jerk" and "she's a nice innocent girl." There would be a lot of grey area with this. What if the father of the child comes back into their life? Things can rekindle.

I don't know, I know it is easy to want to be the knight in shining armour, but in a couple of months if you are still around you aren't going to be staying up all night with this girl under the stars, you're going to be changing diapers with her, or she's going to be doing it. A child showing up is a big life changing deal.

OP wouldn't be on the hook for any CS unless he's legally adopted her kid. If you're serious about her you have to take consideration of the circumstances. It's like jumping right into things. You'll be able to kind of date before the kid comes but then your dating will turn to dirty diapers, child care, feeding and fussing. Really it comes down to how much you care about this woman. Also, she might be shopping for a daddy right now. If you're looking for an extremely stressful situation jump on in! If she's that worth it to you. My cousin did this and he loves his girlfriend and her kid. They do a lot together. I don't think it's for everyone though.

It would be like skipping over the good stuff and getting right to the mundane part of the relationship. Instead of exhilarating dating and traveling you'll be holed up inside watching Barney and listening to a baby fuss all night long.

I am talking to this girl on a dating website who met a guy from the same site and she got pregnant by him. Needlessness to say, he fled the scene and is not in the picture. She called him a piece of #$%. Anyways, she seems like a nice girl and is cute based on her pics. Should I consider dating this girl? She is six month's pregnant.

The way I see it is that no one is perfect and everyone makes mistakes. While this situation may not be an ideal one to get into, I feel kind of bad for this girl because the other guy screwed her over. I also wouldn't mind getting to know her and trying not to pre-judge her.

A girl who is 6 months pregnant and is on a dating site... Now I've heard it all.

No. Don't date her.

And overall, don't ever date anyone you feel sorry for.

• Like 1

If you're looking for someone to help you're much better off focusing your intents and energies on volunteer activities.

Despite whatever issues or tragedies led her to her current situation, that she finds it OK to date this late in her pregnancy screams of some deeper issues you're not going to be the one to resolve.

• Like 2
acrosstheuniverse
Pro and cons

Cons: people u know will think you knocked her up and u have to explain to everyone.

Pro: if rumor gets Around u might become really popular with other girls.

I would run a mile from somebody who was willing to start something with an already-pregnant girl. I would think either his standards were low or his judgement sucked or he was desperate.

I wouldn't do anything. I like someone who plans their life out a little better than that and I'd be worried she's just looking for money now she's in a big jam. And there's more and more women out there who see getting pregnant again as getting another paycheck. So at least find out what her parents are like and if she has any values whatever to keep her from just using you.

acrosstheuniverse

Also I would wonder why she was on dating sites instead of focusing on preparing to become a single Mother. Either she's shopping for a new Father or she's so uncomfortable with her own emotions and situation she's using attention from other men to sooth herself. Neither are good and I'd wonder why the guy couldn't sniff those out. I would imagine a woman who is pregnant from a failed relationship would have better things to be doing than seeking solace in another guy, who she either couldn't devote much time and attention to or would do so at the expense of being a new parent.

It would put me off a guy to think that those things didn't put him off a pregnant girl on a dating site, and I'm honestly genuinely not generally a judgmental person, either regarding people's sexual lives or otherwise. The whole thing is just incredibly distasteful when a new little person with only one parent is about to enter the world

• Like 1
  • Author
VedderisBetter

I made the right choice and stopped talking to this chick. You all are right about too much baggage. I'm actually thinking of asking my hair stylist (cutter) out! She's probably easier to deal with I'm sure!

• Like 1
I feel kind of bad for this girl because the other guy screwed her over.

It takes 2 people for sex. If she had unprotected sex and didn't want to use a condom either, it tells you volumes about her maturity. You don't know this girl. Worst case would be you'd get her pregnant too and she'd turn out to be a alimony scammer.

edit; Didn't see the post above. Good boy.

No way I would have anything to do with this girl. She hasn't even had the baby yet, and already she's looking to hook up with another man. In this instance, I wouldn't walk, I would run.

OP,

On a scale of one to ten, where one represents having any girl you want, and ten represents having to date girls that are six months pregnant,

how hard up are you for a girl?

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

It is one thing to find yourself in a ****storm. It is quite another to helicopter into one.

I say this fully acknowledging that she could be an otherwise perfectly lovely person.