Affair, divorce, and saying it would never happen...

lovinDKT3

I think it is 100% the wrong choice, so what you are saying is not true, but this is not the time or place for that discussion.

That said, congratulations to the OP nonetheless.

I think its 100% the right choice.

And thanks on the congrats.

• Like 2

Congratulations to you both!

I think you formally are doing what my wife and I informally did as part of our recovery.

Our marriage isn't the same marriage that it was before her EA.

We rebuilt a new marriage from the foundation of the old one...with the added wisdom gained as a painful result of what had happened before.

For us...that was 10 years ago, and we're still going strong.

I wish the best for both of you!

• Like 4

Congratulations, what amazing news for all your family. My only advice, never ever let anyone get between the oneness you are again, no family, no friend, not even your children because in the end there will always be only the two of you. There will always be someone demanding more of your time, the secret is knowing you control who gets it. Be happy, your story will help many on LS, "through every storm the sun will shine," God bless.

I truly do hope I am wrong.

I understand the doubt, as I I've stated here many times we would likely never remarry.

We still have issues, the thing is none of them are centered around her ever being unfaithful again. I don't doubt her there, not blindly trusting but trust none the less. She has done the work and goes above to make me feel safe in that area.