My brother needs prayer

Thanks everyone. We are comforted by the fact that his death was quick and he was able to still hold on long enough for his entire family to say goodbye. When I say family, I mean he had a LOT of family from everywhere. I'm just concerned about his wife and two boys who haven't graduated high school yet.

This is just one of those things that will leave a permanant hole in our hearts. I mean you start expecting these things once people reach their 70s. But 43 seems too young.

I am thoroughly convinced that I witnessed the exact moment when he released his spirit. I always wondered why the Bible refers to the spirit as a breath or a wind. I saw it. This has brought us much peace. We will just miss him. I don't want to go decades without seeing my brother.

This truly is so sad. I feel for his young daughters and wife. And everybody else of course, but those kids..Too young to lose their dad..

Just be the best uncle to your nieces and be a role model for them as well. Your sister in law will appreciate your friendship and the rest of the family for a long time.

• Like 2
Thanks everyone. We are comforted by the fact that his death was quick and he was able to still hold on long enough for his entire family to say goodbye. When I say family, I mean he had a LOT of family from everywhere. I'm just concerned about his wife and two boys who haven't graduated high school yet.

I'm glad to know he was surrounded by loved ones; it sounds like your family has a strong group of people supporting you right now.

"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; he delivers those whose spirit has been crushed". Psalm 34:18

This is just one of those things that will leave a permanant hole in our hearts. I mean you start expecting these things once people reach their 70s. But 43 seems too young.
Seems much too young. :(

“in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.”

“Where, O death, is your victory?

Where, O death, is your sting?”

1 Corinthians 15:52-57

I am thoroughly convinced that I witnessed the exact moment when he released his spirit. I always wondered why the Bible refers to the spirit as a breath or a wind. I saw it. This has brought us much peace. We will just miss him. I don't want to go decades without seeing my brother.

(((hugs))) M30. Your brother's in heaven, and you got to witness the beginning of his journey. I think it must bring a lot of comfort knowing that your brother must've left in peaceful acceptance that God's in control, and is watching over your sister-in-law and nephews. Please don't worry, M30. God will make sure they are alright.

Edited by pie2
  • Like 2

I'm truly sorry for your loss. You won't ever stop missing him...that's a fact but at least you know you have another person up there on your side, which I hope you take some comfort in.

We grow in the valleys. And I'm continuing to pray for Frank, his family and you while you're in this great big valley.

Thinking of you xo

• Like 2
  • Author

I had to wait for the right time to tell my small boys what happened to their uncle. It was one of the hardest moments. I didn't want to start crying and showing them a lack of hope, but I also had to convey the sadness. They certainly knew their uncle and, even though they only saw him once or twice a year, they knew he was special. I kept the discussion basic and said that sometimes God does things that we don't understand. We don't know why God took their uncle to be with Jesus so young, but we have to believe it was for a reason. We prayed for their uncle and thanked God for the time we shared with him. I told them their uncle loved them so much and was so proud of them--especially for their art skills and baseball skills. It's just hard, though, when I loved my brother and knew him so well, yet I can't fully make my boys relate. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

I had to wait for the right time to tell my small boys what happened to their uncle. It was one of the hardest moments. I didn't want to start crying and showing them a lack of hope, but I also had to convey the sadness. They certainly knew their uncle and, even though they only saw him once or twice a year, they knew he was special. I kept the discussion basic and said that sometimes God does things that we don't understand. We don't know why God took their uncle to be with Jesus so young, but we have to believe it was for a reason. We prayed for their uncle and thanked God for the time we shared with him. I told them their uncle loved them so much and was so proud of them--especially for their art skills and baseball skills. It's just hard, though, when I loved my brother and knew him so well, yet I can't fully make my boys relate. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

I believe I do know what you're talking about.

My father died when I was 14.

Needless to say, my exH and current fiance never met him, and that bothered me.

I wanted them to know this special person who had such a hand in creating who I am today.

It took time for them to grasp how special my father is/was to me.

What helped is how often we speak of him; how present and alive his memory remains through telling of his adventures....,his criminally corny humour :)....his unwavering fearlessness and work ethic.

He is/was also a deeply spiritual man. This is a jewel in his legacy. <3

So, my advice is to not despair and let the boys come to know your brother through pictures and vivid storytelling.

You obviously loved Frank a lot. Celebrate him continously in the coming years.

It just takes time.

Many, many, many blessings.

• Like 4
  • Author
I believe I do know what you're talking about.

My father died when I was 14.

Needless to say, my exH and current fiance never met him, and that bothered me.

I wanted them to know this special person who had such a hand in creating who I am today.

It took time for them to grasp how special my father is/was to me.

What helped is how often we speak of him; how present and alive his memory remains through telling of his adventures....,his criminally corny humour :)....his unwavering fearlessness and work ethic.

He is/was also a deeply spiritual man. This is a jewel in his legacy. <3

So, my advice is to not despair and let the boys come to know your brother through pictures and vivid storytelling.

You obviously loved Frank a lot. Celebrate him continously in the coming years.

It just takes time.

Many, many, many blessings.

I loved him very, very much. Thank you for the post. I feel blessed that I was able to pray over my brother with my family before he died while he could still hear (even though he couldn't respond or move). I didn't expect to break down and cry but I did. I started telling him how he was more than a brother to me...that he was like my father and I looked up to him and he was my role model in life. I hope to God that he heard me say this and that he heard how much he meant to me. I swear, God takes some of the greatest people early. We will never understand why.

• Like 1
I loved him very, very much. Thank you for the post. I feel blessed that I was able to pray over my brother with my family before he died while he could still hear (even though he couldn't respond or move). I didn't expect to break down and cry but I did. I started telling him how he was more than a brother to me...that he was like my father and I looked up to him and he was my role model in life. I hope to God that he heard me say this and that he heard how much he meant to me. I swear, God takes some of the greatest people early. We will never understand why.

M30 I am sorry for your loss and even more sorry I didn't see this in time to pray for you and your family. I lost my mom in 2005 (I was on LS at the time as well). All I can say is that he is in a better place, just like my mom. And while we grieve our loss here on earth, I rejoice that my mom is in a MUCH better place than when she was here.

Prayers my friend.

• Like 1