I can't seem to tell her I like her... Also, does she think I'm gay?

rarerampage

Perhaps it is the cultural difference, but her lukewarm response seems to indicate that she is convinced you're either gay or confused, and doesn't know how to react to you.

Maybe you had a chance at some point, but you wait way too long to make your move. She has developed impressions about you that don't scream MANLY MAN.

I don't care how tired you are. You either like somebody back or you don't and saying a few words doesn't take any effort, unless you're head is on the pillow, your eyes are closed and you're making baby tiger snores.

Time to write about this in your journal, so you don't make the same mistakes twice.

• Author

@GemmaUK

Yeah, that's the impression I'm getting. Plus, past the age of 30, Japanese people are a little pressured to get married, so she might be afraid that, since I'm younger and from another culture I might not be interested in stepping up to that very soon. I'm hoping we can talk about this face to face very soon, I'd like her to share what bothers her so I can assure her it won't be a problem.

@mightycpa

I think you totally missed out on that one. She basically already told me she likes me, she's just not sure about the age gap. That is a known thing about Japan, most people here care way too much about the age thing. Also, since when is being a "MANLY MAN" a requirement to not be gay or confused? She was very tired, she said it many times. If she thought I was gay or confused she would ignore the question and not speak about it the next day saying she was happy I told her but not sure about the age thing. If she had replied to me when I said it, that would be a long conversation, it's not a simple one. So although I don't agree with how she reacted to what I said, since it made me feel very frustrated, I surely understand, as I understand her concerns as well.