Emotional Rollercoaster (Updated)

GettingOver

To be honest, sacrificing chickens in the woods still sounds much more sensible that paying hundreds of dollars to see a psychiatrist for a few hours to probably be given a handful of pills or ineffective advice.

he needs to learn better stress management. what EXACTLY was the point of this "sacrifice"? how did it help him? could be a neighborhood cat next! creepy. you did the right thing to leave.

• Author
he needs to learn better stress management. what EXACTLY was the point of this "sacrifice"? how did it help him? could be a neighborhood cat next! creepy. you did the right thing to leave.

The point was that he felt unhappy, stressed and insecure without any particular reason - he did have some challenges in life before - but basically not something really painful - like serious illness, loss of a relative, etc. The ritual is aimed at bringing peace and improving your life. A chicken is used as a sacrifice to "worsip" whatever "god" that is responsible for it.

Looking at him I can say that it did not help. He was still upset and depressed. That is why I suggested him to go to a doctor - some people cannot manage stress on their own :(

He still thinks that this chicken thing is not a deal breaker, but he respects me being afraid of such kind of things...