This guy did something pretty clever

Disillusioned

I know this meetup group host on a first-name basis after having attended his singles events on and off for over a year now... well, a couple of weeks ago he finally broke down and started his version of an OLDS.

So, I was thinking, "yeah, so, he's just going to use it as his personal piggy bank", but apparently that's not the case. This guy did something clever, and I'll explain.

I tried his "OLDS", which is free to join and use, and it's missing a lot of features. For example, you get to upload photos of yourself, but you don't get to write a bio of yourself; in the religion dept, there's no box you can check for "not religious"; and in the diet dept, there's no option for "picky eater".

As it turns out, this is actually a filter that he cleverly designed to bring more people to his meetups---if you're frustrated or just testing the site, you'll probably leave, but if you're really interested, you're more likely to go to his meetups to tell other members in person things the site doesn't let you.

I think it's brilliant... he has figured out a way to pre-empt the jokers. :cool: