Did she cheat?? Should I leave??

michaelsmith12

painfullyobvious

The story about taking a basket of food and wine bottle for a lunch is a little too personal and would have been enough for me. I had a cheating ex as well. Sorry you are going through this. I agree with everyone else here. It's better to stop the wedding or you will be addressing this for the duration of your marriage. I had a year of it and it was hell. If I had known going into the relationship that she had the potential to cheat I would have dropped her. Your fiancé has given you a gift here. Run!

• Like 1
  • Author
michaelsmith12

Well, I left... Thank you to everyone who had something to say. I know it was pretty much obvious as to what happened. From the outside looking in, I would have said to run immediately. But that is so much easier said than done. I am happier now that I left and I know that things will only get better from here. :)

• Like 6

I think you made a wise choice Michael, girl couldn't even make it to the alter without cheating. If that is her mindset, she would have done it eventually, it is who she is, unfortunately. Don't let her come back with a bunch of BS about being old friends. You don't take time off work just to catch up on old times and I doubt they were having an all afternoon checker tournament, so that leaves you with infidelity. There are plenty of fish in that sea, take some time to grieve and then get out there and do some fishing.

• Like 2

Good question, Clay. What was her demeanor when you said you were leaving? Was she remorseful? Did she promise she'd do anything if you'd just stay? Or was her attitude, "Meh. Whatever?" The other posters are correct. You've saved yourself a lot of heartache by bailing now. Thank goodness you two weren't married yet!!! Eeeeeeeek!

TrustedthenBusted

Tough Call, but the right one.

There was a point where I told my WS I was leaving ( and I meant it at the time ) and she asked why?

After waiting for a few seconds for her to realize what a ridiculous question that was, i said "Because i can do better."

I hope you feel that way now.