A woman who suddenly turns cold despite having consistent "hot" moments

Saijinkai

Nursing programs are tough on all students. Medicine in general is very demanding and is dominated by a fairly macho mentality that promotes extensive hours, large workloads and huge responsibility. Medical practitioners are making decisions on a daily basis that can determine whether a person lives or dies, feels peace or greater suffering. For someone just starting out into this line of work, the initial exposure can be very taxing. Even hardened veterans can be brought down by an especially difficult shift.

My sister is an ER doctor. By last count I have 7 friends and acquaintances who are either nurses or are in a nursing program. From all that I've learned from them, flaky people don't do well in the medical services field.

That's not the same as using them?

No. If you didn't promise someone that you are exclusive, then you are free to date as many women as you please. It's common sense, really. You have more choices and you don't get disappointed when someone rejects you, since you have 3 other dates. And also, if a lady knows that you are in demand, she might chase you.

Now, there is a chance that the nurse had a particularly rough few weeks. (How long since she last replied to you?) But still, you need more options.

Date other women. Don't be desperate.

• Author
No. If you didn't promise someone that you are exclusive, then you are free to date as many women as you please. It's common sense, really. You have more choices and you don't get disappointed when someone rejects you, since you have 3 other dates. And also, if a lady knows that you are in demand, she might chase you.

Now, there is a chance that the nurse had a particularly rough few weeks. (How long since she last replied to you?) But still, you need more options.

Date other women. Don't be desperate.

I called her Monday, she text me saying sorry she's been busy and if it's ok for her to call me the following day (yesterday, Tuesday).

She never did call.

I called her Monday, she text me saying sorry she's been busy and if it's ok for her to call me the following day (yesterday, Tuesday).

She never did call.

Okay then. Wait another week. Then call again. Or send a funny text. See how she responds. If she flakes again, she is rejecting you.

also:

Date other women. :D

There's no "most women are like this."

Most PEOPLE are like this.

The whole point of dating isn't to put your all into someone before you know them. It's to get to know who they are, and decide if you want to keep seeing them.

Until you have the exclusivity talk with someone, there should be no expectation that she will continue to be interested.

Yeah, she should have been honest and just told you she wasn't feeling it for you, but people tend to just slink away and quit calling/texting back. That's a pretty common scenario - from men AND women.

Don't ask out a woman you aren't interested in - unless you think you could be.

Just move on and find someone else to ask out. And don't put all your hopes on a relationship with her. Just go on some dates and see what happens.

There's no "most women are like this."

Most PEOPLE are like this.

The whole point of dating isn't to put your all into someone before you know them. It's to get to know who they are, and decide if you want to keep seeing them.

Until you have the exclusivity talk with someone, there should be no expectation that she will continue to be interested.

Yeah, she should have been honest and just told you she wasn't feeling it for you, but people tend to just slink away and quit calling/texting back. That's a pretty common scenario - from men AND women.

Don't ask out a woman you aren't interested in - unless you think you could be.

Just move on and find someone else to ask out. And don't put all your hopes on a relationship with her. Just go on some dates and see what happens.

I can predict OPs response-

"So you are telling me to try dating other people?"

She was texting me for 1 month and we saw each other for 4 hours.

One month = 744 hours by my calculations. You got 4 of them. 0.538% of her time. If she sleeps 8 hours a day, you got 0.806% of her time.

My point is you're spending too much energy on someone who is barely more than a passing stranger. If you sat next to the same person at 2 movies in a month, you got as much of their time.

You like her more than she likes you. Sucks when it happens, but stop the strategy. Just move on to the next one.

Nursing programs are generally effing nuts, brutal, insanely busy...Accelerated nursing programs are even tougher. I can tell you that she is probably very very very busy.

She didn't seem to be the type to do such thing and I wanted to believe it too, since my female friends told me to wait and not worry because she seems solid

This is more your problem...