Divorce and the other women

• Author

QUOTE=underpants;5893603]Hey Angry,

Do you work? Can you support yourself? If not you need to find some support network, a job and really start thinking of a new life for yourself. Start thinking about what you want to do, not what your ex of a year or more is doing.

Sorry, I should have mentioned, yes I have my own career and my own place after I moved over a year ago.

If you've been separated for a year and he's just started dating her, she is not in any way, shape or form the "other woman". You guys aren't together so he's not cheating on you.

I have no clue about the rest other than agreeing that you need to lawyer up.

• Author
QUOTE=underpants;5893603]Hey Angry,

Do you work? Can you support yourself? If not you need to find some support network, a job and really start thinking of a new life for yourself. Start thinking about what you want to do, not what your ex of a year or more is doing.

Sorry, I should have mentioned, yes I have my own career and my own place after I moved over a year ago.

If you've been separated for a year and he's just started dating her, she is not in any way, shape or form the "other woman". You guys aren't together so he's not cheating on you.

I have no clue about the rest other than agreeing that you need to lawyer up.

I don't care about the other women I actually want him to be happy, love, go out and have fun again. What I DO care about is the fact we are still married and have still had a relationship since I moved out. The only reason he wanted a quickie divorce was to cover the fact he lied to this women and said we have been divorced for two years. Then he wanted to leave me with nothing, after 13 years, Iand his countless other women, I took nothing from the house when I left. I bought all my own stuff, we sold our house for his restaurant venture (which was marital property). I em tended to fight tooth and nail for everything I could get.

I understand the divorce stuff. I came away with mine with nothing except my kids and my bills (b/c I just wanted to be done, no fighting), but am so much better off for leaving, despite the struggle.

Good luck to both of you.

Justanaverageguy
I hope you still have an attorney that's verifying that the settlement is fair.

Fair on both sides. Coming from a guys perspective who is currently going through a divorce can I just say how ridiculous and lopsided the divorce process is with giving favor to women. Not bashing the OP here it sounds like she is a decent person and just wants what is fair which is great. That is not always the case.

I'm not from the USA so divorce works a little differently but my ex and I did not want to go to court and wanted to come to a direct agreement between ourselves on break up of assets based on what both contributed. (We don't have kids - neither was without work while together so neither was disadvantaged). We agreed to divide based on what we both contributed towards our assets and living expenses and get this finalized through legally binding court order which our individual lawyers would finalize once we agreed on terms.

Do you know how hard it was to find lawyers that would accept that ?? For me that's what my lawyer recommended (as I am a man). My ex ended up going through 4 law firms because they kept insisting she go for more of my money. They simply wouldn't accept that she didn't want to fleece me for all I was worth.

I'm not excusing the guy here - sounds like his initial actions were out of line but from a man's perspective divorce these days it seems to be code for ripping out a mans heart through his wallet. He probably came on strong because he was scared you would take him to the cleaners. Try and take lawyers advice to a point .... but don't listen to everything they say. They are more interested in their own paycheck then anything else.

• Author
Fair on both sides. Coming from a guys perspective who is currently going through a divorce can I just say how ridiculous and lopsided the divorce process is with giving favor to women. Not bashing the OP here it sounds like she is a decent person and just wants what is fair which is great. That is not always the case.

I'm not from the USA so divorce works a little differently but my ex and I did not want to go to court and wanted to come to a direct agreement between ourselves on break up of assets based on what both contributed. (We don't have kids - neither was without work while together so neither was disadvantaged). We agreed to divide based on what we both contributed towards our assets and living expenses and get this finalized through legally binding court order which our individual lawyers would finalize once we agreed on terms.

Do you know how hard it was to find lawyers that would accept that ?? For me that's what my lawyer recommended (as I am a man). My ex ended up going through 4 law firms because they kept insisting she go for more of my money. They simply wouldn't accept that she didn't want to fleece me for all I was worth.

I'm not excusing the guy here - sounds like his initial actions were out of line but from a man's perspective divorce these days it seems to be code for ripping out a mans heart through his wallet. He probably came on strong because he was scared you would take him to the cleaners. Try and take lawyers advice to a point .... but don't listen to everything they say. They are more interested in their own paycheck then anything else.

Absolutely, I no intention of trying to fleece him for all he is worth. I in no way wanted to hurt him or sabotage his business. I just wanted what's fair, which in the beginning, fair to him was absolutely zero after 13 years of helping him grow the business. Yeah, I have my own career and moved out a year ago, but I am not exactly living high on the hog here either. I do believe what we settled for in the end is fair on both sides. Its not like I wanted half of everything or anything like that, just what was fair.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author
Fortunately, none of that drama is your worry, concern or (especially) priority.

Live well, it's the best revenge...

Mr. Lucky

Damn straight, she will learn the hard way lol!

Don't think of her. Chances are he's promised her the world or at worst she's even worse off than him (OW tend to be women without any self-esteem, often enough they have much worse issues).

• Author
Don't think of her. Chances are he's promised her the world or at worst she's even worse off than him (OW tend to be women without any self-esteem, often enough they have much worse issues).

Honestly? I'm ok. Like I am waiting for some sort of meltdown thats not coming. Good riddence to him and good luck to her, shes going to need it lol.:D

• Like 2