share a quote everyone

limejoose

Distance is acknowledged by the mind but ignored by the heart!

I am unsure who this quote is from but it has been in my mind for over 4 years...it does make sense when your loved ones are far away! :(

• 3 weeks later...

"The vastness of the heavens stretches my imagination - stuck on this carousel my little eye can catch one-million-year-old light. A vast pattern, of which I was a part - perhaps my stuff was belched from some forgotten star, as one is belching there . . . It does not do harm to the mystery to know a little about it. Far more marvelous is the truth, than any artists of the past imagined!"

- Richard P. Feynman 1918-1988

"They sye that time 'eals all things,

They sye you can always forget;

But the smiles an' the tears across the years,

They twist my 'eartstrings yet!"

George Orwell "1984"

beatjunkies

" F*** the future live for now, who can say that they'rll be a tomorrow" - A global threat

"To the world you may be but one person, but to one person you may be the world" - forgot who said this one

"I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image."

- Stephen Hawking

bluetuesday

i have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road

~ also stephen hawking. :)

BrotherAaron

"I've never fallen in love... but I've stepped in it a few times"

"When all is said and done, a lot more has been said than done"

This is off-topic... but that lingerie ad (fig leaves) I've been seeing seems like a cruel joke on a forum populated by people who are sitting around pining away for their exes who don't likely have anyone to be buying lingerie for

HokeyReligions

Hokey Religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

HokeyReligions
Originally posted by NeverSayNever

"WHEN LIFE BRINGS YOU LEMONS...MAKE LEMONADE"!!

When life gives you lemons , find someone whose life has given them vodka and have a party~Ron White

Originally posted by HokeyReligions

When life gives you lemons , find someone whose life has given them vodka and have a party~Ron White

Amen for vodka and red wine! :laugh:

BrotherAaron

"When a man steals your wife there is no better revenge than to let him keep her." - Sacha Guitry

"The most important lessons in life can never be taught. They must be learned."

"The older I get, the easier the answers become."

"If it's got tires or testicals, it's gonna be trouble!" :D

HokeyReligions
Originally posted by EnigmaXOXO

"If it's got tires or testicals, it's gonna be trouble!" :D

ROTFL! I gotta borrow that. :laugh:

RecordProducer

To establish oneself in the world, one has to do all one can to appear established.

We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones.

Small minds are much distressed by little things. Great minds see them all but are not upset by them.

Francois de La Rochefoucauld

After a German round of quotations, 6 French quotations:

"A wise man is superior to any insults which can be put upon him, and the best reply to unseemly behavior is patience and moderation." - Moliere

"All men's miseries derive from not being able to sit in a quiet room alone." - Blaise Pascal

"There is no man, however wise, who has not at some period of his youth said things, or lived in a way the consciousness of which is so unpleasant to him in later life that he would gladly, if he could, expunge it from his memory." - Marcel Proust

"Have no fear of robbers or murderers. They are external dangers, petty dangers. We should fear ourselves. Prejudices are the real robbers; vices the real murders. The great dangers are within us. Why worry about what threatens our heads or purses? Let us think instead of what threatens our souls." - Victor Hugo

"A good marriage would be between a blind wife and a deaf husband." - Honore de Balzac

"Nothing is a greater impediment to being on good terms with others than being ill at ease with yourself." - Honore de Balzac

Originally posted by fyrwyfe

[color=darkblue]

If you want something done right, do it yourself. :laugh:

[/color]

Might be difficult with surgery on your feet :laugh:.

Originally posted by fyrwyfe

If you want something done right, do it yourself.

Might be difficult with surgery on your feet .

[color=darkblue]

Depends on what you want done! :lmao: :lmao:

[/color]