OLD when they claim to be busy with school or whatever

organizedchaos
Sounds like a dedicated thread is in order! ;-) Also a "Picking a part dating profiles" dedicated thread, too. :laugh:

Yes call it "Consolidated discussion about obsessing over other people's preferences"

I think it's off putting to be on a dating site but essentially declaring you have no time for dating or you're so busy.

I feel like most people are busy and it's in getting to know someone where you can discuss your schedule and let them know what it looks like and if it can work. But to put it on your profile that you're so busy and only do homework doesn't make you seem like someone who's interested in dating.

I'm busy as a grad student myself but I do have time for a social life and in getting to know someone is when I'll talk about my schedule and so on not declare I'm so busy I just do work all the time on my profile. If that is the case, like for example when it's time for me to study for my exams or defend my dissertation, I'm gonna be super busy and I wouldn't choose that period to be online date hunting anyway.

• Author
I think it's off putting to be on a dating site but essentially declaring you have no time for dating or you're so busy.

I feel like most people are busy and it's in getting to know someone where you can discuss your schedule and let them know what it looks like and if it can work. But to put it on your profile that you're so busy and only do homework doesn't make you seem like someone who's interested in dating.

I'm busy as a grad student myself but I do have time for a social life and in getting to know someone is when I'll talk about my schedule and so on not declare I'm so busy I just do work all the time on my profile. If that is the case, like for example when it's time for me to study for my exams or defend my dissertation, I'm gonna be super busy and I wouldn't choose that period to be online date hunting anyway.

Exactly...it would just defeat the purpose.

Actually, it wouldn't work, because they would never have time for each other. Chances are, and no offense, she'd only be good for an occasional booty call or FWB where there's no commitment involved.

But your not getting the fact that what ever her motivations are they are hers and shes entitled to them. Maybe that's what she wants on the other hand lots of professionals are workaholics and still have relationships. Who are we to judge those relationships just cause its not something we would want for ourselves? im sorry I just don't understand your judgmental attitude when it comes to this..

• Like 2

Nah, a woman like that has time for the man she feels is worthwhile.

Maybe it's just me and my over-educated friends, but we all dated or even married right through law school, medical school, post-grad-medical school, intense residencies, budding stressful careers et c. The woman who graduated first in my law school class got married her first year and had a baby her third. And she was in her late 30's, starting her second career. She is wealthy and successful now. Her family is happy. Insecure men hate her.

If someone is not right for you, don't take it as personal rejection. OLD can be confusing, people start trying to figure out the entire opposite sex (as if they were all one single entity, like the Borg) in order to find out how to become more successful at it. You don't need this woman and she sure as hell does not need you, but you can still find someone.

• Like 4
  • Author

Yeah, when I went to college back in the day. I'd hear someone say, I'm here to focus on my classes and study, not date. Then a week later, you see them making out with their new beau. LOL

I was like Yeah Right....college is pretty much the PEAK of one's dating life more than any other time in one's life. The pool of prospects in college is great.

Nah, a woman like that has time for the man she feels is worthwhile.

Maybe it's just me and my over-educated friends, but we all dated or even married right through law school, medical school, post-grad-medical school, intense residencies, budding stressful careers et c. The woman who graduated first in my law school class got married her first year and had a baby her third. And she was in her late 30's, starting her second career. She is wealthy and successful now. Her family is happy. Insecure men hate her.

If someone is not right for you, don't take it as personal rejection. OLD can be confusing, people start trying to figure out the entire opposite sex (as if they were all one single entity, like the Borg) in order to find out how to become more successful at it. You don't need this woman and she sure as hell does not need you, but you can still find someone.